PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

navypipe23

Might Stick Around
May 23, 2015
Going to the local B&M for my first corncob tomorrow....wife approved:) lol I can't wait, now to decide on which blend to get. Any suggestions? I'm a fan of Nightcap but haven't smoked much more than that.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Burleys and Virginias always go great in a cob. If you like Nightcap, I can already tell you go in for bold, hearty flavors. That being the case, I would say you would have to try one of the dark-fired Kentucky types. You're missing out if you don't!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Hard to top Nightcap, if that's your introductory smoke. My mind leads me toward all sorts of full strength leaf, but you may like some medium, if not mild blends too. You might try a 2 oz. sample of pipesandcigars.com Home and Hearth Mid-Town series Chestnut with six different tobaccos, or 14 oz for only $19.99. Tobacco at your B&M will be a little more expensive, but they may have some bulk that is more reasonable. The possibilities are endless, frankly. So much depends on personal taste, and only you can discover that.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Awesome! Be sure to post up a pick of yourself enjoying your new cob. So many yummy blends, recommendations will be many and varied. :puffy:

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
My first pipes were a Dr. Grabo Omega, a MM Country Gentleman and a bag of cob seconds. Enjoy the journey.

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
Just be sure to tell them you like Nightcap when asking for baccy suggestions or else the first thing they reach for will be 1Q ("not that there's anything wrong with that" :P)

Status
Not open for further replies.