Tomorrow I Order Black House

(20 posts)
  • Started 1 year ago by anthonyrosenthal74
  • Latest reply from fitzy
  1. anthonyrosenthal74

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I've been waiting for payday, just for this purpose, to order the tobacco so many here are quite maniacal about. Black House. I feel an urge... no, a calling rather to try this stuff out for myself, and tomorrow I'm going to order some. I can't wait to try it.

Cut me... I bleed black.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

It's a nice mild but flavorful Balkan/English. It is rather light on latakia. Not an aromatic. In fact, the Black House room note is nothing the girls will want to get close to you for. If that sounds great to you, I think you'll enjoy it. I'm smoking some now -- another masterpiece from Russ Ouelette -- and I'm not, by any means, the pom-pom cheerleader for English blends.

Let us know what you think!

Posted 1 year ago #
  3. anthonyrosenthal74

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I will for sure. I'm not worried about the room note. I figure I can save it for my walk home from work smoke, and save the aros for kicking it outside Starbucks when I work on the book or hang out with friends. Definitely looking forward to it. I suppose if I like it I'll be a Blackblood right?

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

I suppose if I like it I'll be a Blackblood right?

I suppose so. Baron would be the one to know

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. hfearly

hfearly

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

To become a black blood you gotta smoke a tin of black house first. You know ... So your blood really does become black ... Lol

Suffering from a serious case of "EPARD", also known as the Estate Pipe Acquisition and Restoration Disorder.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  6. jiminks

jiminks

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Black House is great stuff. My kind of English blend!

Posted 1 year ago #
  7. chops

chops

Login to Send PM

I can't wait to try this stuff!

Posted 1 year ago #
  8. kinny141

kinny141

Login to Send PM

Just bought some the other day. I was very surprised how spicy the tin note is compared to the actual flavor of it while smoking. So mellow and almost sweet. Definitely wasn't sure if I'd like it from the first smell, but I was so wrong. Definitely one for the books.

Posted 1 year ago #
  9. baronsamedi

baronsamedi

Black House Whore

Login to Send PM

Hope you like it! Liking Black House is and always will be the only qualification necessary for being called a Blackblood. Of course, being a little crazy doesn't hurt.

Proud Member of the Blackblood Society Photobucket
    Posted 1 year ago #
  10. numbersix

numbersix

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I received mine not too long ago. A great blend. I am not a fanatic about English blends, but I like them and this is as good as any I've tried so far. But it's one that cannot be smoked indoors (at least my family can't stand the smell). lol.

"Be seeing you"

Posted 1 year ago #
  11. anthonyrosenthal74

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

The Baron of Black House said...

Hope you like it! Liking Black House is and always will be the only qualification necessary for being called a Blackblood. Of course, being a little crazy doesn't hurt.

I may very well be at least a little crazy Can't wait to try it.

Posted 1 year ago #
  12. logandow

logandow

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Blackhouse is definitely one of my favorites, hope you like it!

A man without a pipe is a man unprepared
    Posted 1 year ago #
  13. jbbaldwin

jbbaldwin

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Black House room note is nothing the girls will want to get close to you for.

My wife likes the aroma of both Nightcap and Ten Russians - will she object to Black House?

- Write if you get work.

- Hang by your thumbs.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  14. matchstickman

Pipe Novelist

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

My wife likes the aroma of both Nightcap and Ten Russians

Then shes a keeper!

I got a sample of Black House that I have been trying to wrap my head around. Its good. REALLY good. I cant pick out what it is in the components that make it as good as it is, but it has a richness and a very full flavor that a lot of other blends just dont match. It is definitely something that I would order more of but definitely also something I have to be in a "mood" to smoke.

Posted 1 year ago #
  15. jbbaldwin

jbbaldwin

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Then shes a keeper!

She is, indeed! (For many good reasons, of course.)

I'm putting Black House on my TAD list.

Posted 1 year ago #
  16. anthonyrosenthal74

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I haven't ordered it yet... but one of the members (I won't say who unless he wants to be known) sent me a sample of various tobaccos and guess what? So lucky me. I get to try it before I buy it

Posted 1 year ago #
  17. jharvard

jharvard

Login to Send PM

Hope you enjoy Black House anthonyrosenthal.

I recently tried to restock my supply and Pipesandcigars.com sent me the wrong tobacco. I notified them right away and unfortunately it still has not arrived. I am leaving for a long trip without a new supply of Black House! I am doomed! I will run out for sure in a few days! LOL

To further add "insult to injury" they want me to send the incorrect tobacco back to them. After I emailed them if the correct tobacco did not arrive this afternoon the return would be delayed several weeks by my trip but I would do so; her response was "As long as we get it back everything will be fine." Really? Really? Fine for who?

Sending me "Fusilier's Ration" instead of "Black House" is an honest mistake (the order had 4 or 5 tobaccos in it all of which they initialed on the receipt etc.), though if part of your job description is to send out orders and you "check mark and initial" the orders I would hope you don't normally make this sort of mistake. And if you do; don't ask the customer to send back the wrong tobacco you sent them. It's not a pipe or a unique item. Maybe I am old fashioned?

They obviously don't appreciate my situation here. No Black House on a long journey! Oh bother... LOL

Posted 1 year ago #
  18. anthonyrosenthal74

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

It would have been the professional thing to do, to let you keep the mistake and send you the correct tobacco. That's just simple, good customer service.

As for Black House... I'm smoking it right now, and I am finding it greatly enjoyable. The room note really isn't bad in my opinion. I was expecting the way some were talking, that it would have an old cheap cigar smell or something. And if I were to describe taste... I'm kind of leaning toward a cool woody flavor? Does that sound about right?

Posted 1 year ago #
  19. baronsamedi

baronsamedi

Black House Whore

Login to Send PM

Kind of like a camp fire? Sounds about right. There's some leather, anise and some other things, too.

Posted 1 year ago #
  20. fitzy

fitzy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

It just smells and tastes amazing. I love the stuff now and this comes from a guy who didn't like English/Balkan style blends.

Midwest Wood Creations
    Be sure to check out Gecko13's handiwork when in the market for any of your pipe accessory needs such as tampers, cabinets, pipe racks etc.
    Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   mso489, thedudeabides, ravkesef, doctorbob, masspiper, igloo, fnord, hwmcadoo, ruger414, dread, mmjk, kanaka95, condorlover1, briarfriar, didimauw, reap, rsuninv, yaddy306, cobguy, allan, w4ti, tedvig