PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
I've been waiting for payday, just for this purpose, to order the tobacco so many here are quite maniacal about. Black House. I feel an urge... no, a calling rather to try this stuff out for myself, and tomorrow I'm going to order some. I can't wait to try it.

Jan 8, 2013
I will for sure. I'm not worried about the room note. I figure I can save it for my walk home from work smoke, and save the aros for kicking it outside Starbucks when I work on the book or hang out with friends. Definitely looking forward to it. I suppose if I like it I'll be a Blackblood right?

hfearly

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 11, 2012
Canada
To become a black blood you gotta smoke a tin of black house first. You know ... So your blood really does become black ... Lol

kinny141

Lurker
Jan 10, 2013
Just bought some the other day. I was very surprised how spicy the tin note is compared to the actual flavor of it while smoking. So mellow and almost sweet. Definitely wasn't sure if I'd like it from the first smell, but I was so wrong. Definitely one for the books.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Hope you like it! Liking Black House is and always will be the only qualification necessary for being called a Blackblood. Of course, being a little crazy doesn't hurt.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
I received mine not too long ago. A great blend. I am not a fanatic about English blends, but I like them and this is as good as any I've tried so far. But it's one that cannot be smoked indoors (at least my family can't stand the smell). lol.

Jan 8, 2013
The Baron of Black House said...
Hope you like it! Liking Black House is and always will be the only qualification necessary for being called a Blackblood. Of course, being a little crazy doesn't hurt.
I may very well be at least a little crazy :) Can't wait to try it.

jbbaldwin

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2012
Black House room note is nothing the girls will want to get close to you for.
My wife likes the aroma of both Nightcap and Ten Russians - will she object to Black House?

Jul 15, 2011
My wife likes the aroma of both Nightcap and Ten Russians
Then shes a keeper! :D
I got a sample of Black House that I have been trying to wrap my head around. Its good. REALLY good. I cant pick out what it is in the components that make it as good as it is, but it has a richness and a very full flavor that a lot of other blends just dont match. It is definitely something that I would order more of but definitely also something I have to be in a "mood" to smoke.

Jan 8, 2013
I haven't ordered it yet... but one of the members (I won't say who unless he wants to be known) sent me a sample of various tobaccos and guess what? So lucky me. I get to try it before I buy it :)

jharvard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 2, 2011
Hope you enjoy Black House anthonyrosenthal.
I recently tried to restock my supply and Pipesandcigars.com sent me the wrong tobacco. I notified them right away and unfortunately it still has not arrived. I am leaving for a long trip without a new supply of Black House! I am doomed! I will run out for sure in a few days! LOL
To further add "insult to injury" they want me to send the incorrect tobacco back to them. After I emailed them if the correct tobacco did not arrive this afternoon the return would be delayed several weeks by my trip but I would do so; her response was "As long as we get it back everything will be fine." Really? Really? Fine for who?
Sending me "Fusilier's Ration" instead of "Black House" is an honest mistake (the order had 4 or 5 tobaccos in it all of which they initialed on the receipt etc.), though if part of your job description is to send out orders and you "check mark and initial" the orders I would hope you don't normally make this sort of mistake. And if you do; don't ask the customer to send back the wrong tobacco you sent them. It's not a pipe or a unique item. Maybe I am old fashioned?
They obviously don't appreciate my situation here. No Black House on a long journey! Oh bother... LOL :puffpipe:

Jan 8, 2013
It would have been the professional thing to do, to let you keep the mistake and send you the correct tobacco. That's just simple, good customer service.
As for Black House... I'm smoking it right now, and I am finding it greatly enjoyable. The room note really isn't bad in my opinion. I was expecting the way some were talking, that it would have an old cheap cigar smell or something. And if I were to describe taste... I'm kind of leaning toward a cool woody flavor? Does that sound about right?

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
It just smells and tastes amazing. I love the stuff now and this comes from a guy who didn't like English/Balkan style blends.

Status
Not open for further replies.