PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jogilli

Might Stick Around
Feb 7, 2013
Ok.. it's not really a billiard per the actual dimensions.. but wow..I picked this up at the Lohmar Pfeifenmesse yesterday... Tommi does some wonderful work. the show was a blast and all the pipe makers had an enjoyable time.. even though it was a little cold ;-)
james
tommiteichmann-pencil-shank-1.jpg

tommiteichmann-pencil-shank-2.jpg

www.jsecpipes.com

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Nice pipe. Thanks for sharing.
Where's numbersix, this seems like it would be right up his alley.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Where's numbersix, this seems like it would be right up his alley.
lol! Am I that predictable? I guess I am because you're so right.
I really like pencil shank billiards and that's a beauty - congrats!

Dec 24, 2012
Wow, I love any pencil shank pipe. I have a becker poker with a pencil shank that is a pipe I always reach for. The one you just got is really sweet.

jogilli

Might Stick Around
Feb 7, 2013
thanks.. the first bowl was great... tomorrow I'll put number 2 through it...just have to decide on the tobacco.. I can see it falling right into place in my regular rotation.. I've made a few thin shanked pipes in my day.. but nothing as thin as this one...
anyway.. enjoy your workweeks
james
www.jsecpipes.com

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
A beautiful pipe.
Last year I exchanged emails with the maker; he's an American ex-pat living in Europe if I remember correctly (and a fellow Navy CT!) I practically BEGGED him to come to the Chicago show so we could see his work first-hand, but he said that was "unlikely".
Too bad. I'm always on the lookout for a new (to me) American carver.

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
Beautiful pipe. James looked at your website and you definitely have some gorgeous pipes you make.

jogilli

Might Stick Around
Feb 7, 2013
Hey fellas.. thanks for the comments... an update for bigvan and anybody else that might care ( :) )... fellow CT.. retired in 2005 after 20 years.. and ended up getting a job working for the DoD over in Europe.. as you do... and have been bouncing about kinda since.. still working for the DoD and enjoying the dream.. per se .. although I am unable to make it to Chicago..too much work related travel for me.. and my wife couldn't be convinced that I really really needed to go.. but some of my work will be there .. more updates to follow probably in the near future since Chicago is right around the corner.... I do plan on hitting the Newark show in the UK and you guys can always come over to Speyer Germany October 19.. there is a wonderful little pipe show that will be going on then.. Tommi will be there also.. and if I get lucky I will be attending Chicago next year... at least that's my intention.. I think I owe Tyler a cup of coffee..
tks again

James
www.jsecpipes.com

Status
Not open for further replies.