PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
I posted earlier about the generosity of many of our fellows at the loss of my pipes. I did get some insurance money, but only about a quarter of my total loss. I could have gotten a couple nice Neerups or Petersons but decided to buy a pipe that I otherwise couldn't afford. I love Danish style pipes and have seen many similar to this one made by carvers that I love but would never be able to afford. I went to the Briary event and scoured the Nordings and many other pipes and found this one in the case. It had been in there for awhile and had a little oxidation despite being unsmoked and to top it all off it was on sale. It was made by Tom Richard. I have been wanting a pipe shaped like this for years. It also has a nice grain especially the top and bottom Birdseye. I'm so very excited about it and it smokes beautifully too.

goldsm

Can't Leave
Dec 10, 2013
Nice pipe. Specially beautiful bottom Birdeyes and pipe shape remind me Tom Eltang pipes.

elpfeife

Lifer
Dec 25, 2013
I think you made a good and wise choice. One of the guys posted on here a short time ago the recommendation to resist the good buys on multiple pipes and put your money in fewer, but higher quality pipes. I have been following his advice and been pleased with the results. Less is more! Congratulations, Dave on this acquisition. It is a beauty. Many happy smokes!

Status
Not open for further replies.