PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
Has anyone tried or liked this C&D Tom Eltang Mixture? I am just about 1/2 way through a tin and do not like it. It is S O U R, at least on my palate.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I received the Tom Eltang English as a sample, and it seemed a little too mild for my taste, but I'm going to try it again.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Got a sample and haven't tried it, to be honest it smelled terrible. After trying the English and really disliking it, I was fairly disappointed.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
Yup, I had high hopes. If anyone is interested in what I have left message me.

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
I did my reviews on these months back and even though I was new and not knowing a whole lot, I found them OK. But to qualify that, I only had a tin of each and no more has been purchased for the cellar, just not enough there and I felt they would not stand the test of time, just too mild.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Mildness is an elusive trait. Some blends are mild but complex and interesting, and others are bland -- verge on bland or

are all over bland. I like some heady blends like Old Joe Krantz, Manil Tabac Semois, Dark Burley, and others, but I also

appreciate a good mild blend like PS Luxury Navy Flake, Epiphany, and Fox and Hound. A good mild blend is a remarkable

experience. It's all in the art of the blender, or sometimes the lack, when a blend just doesn't click. And of course, it's

subjective -- one man's/woman's interesting is another's blah.

bulldogbriar89

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2014
like MSO I got the english blend as a free sampler but have yet to try it. I actually forgot I even had it until I saw this thread. I will have to try it out today or tomorrow

bulldogbriar89

Oct 3, 2014
pete I did a video review of the blend and put it up on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtTha94zjVk

I really did like the new GLP VaPer, but Eltang's newest... bland, 1-dimensional, nothing really sets it apart from the various other C&D bland VaPers. They have a few that I like ok, but most of theirs is... I can't put my finger on it. Lacking umph? zest? I really like to dry my tobaccos out, but C&D always tastes like it has stayed dry for way too long and lost its flavor, like a soda that has been setting in a warm glass overnight.

Honestly, I think Eltang should have put his name on something way better.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Funny! I missed seeing this thread and just posted a review. I liked it. I did not detect any sourness in my sample, but I did find it a bit harsh when first lit. That harshness disappeared when I smoked it slowly in small sips and exhaled very slowly through my schnoz. It delivered a very pleasant cool smoking experience. I'll be buying some to have on hand.

bulldogbriar89

Oct 3, 2014
sabler I saw your review post and then noticed a comment on this thread because I have it favorited so i didn't post on their. the one I got I forgot I had so It was aged maybe 4 months and the age helped out allot.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
I found someone to take the rest of my tin!! One small miracle a day is all I ask. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.