Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
We have a special show tonight with two exclusives for you. Our Featured Interview is the pipe maker duo of Todd Johnson and Pete Prevost. They will have an exclusive special announcement to unveil right here on the show. We will kick the show off with an exclusive interview with Per Jensen from Mac Baren as he tells us about the new HH Latakia Flake that will be released at the Chicago Pipe Show this weekend.
Todd Johnson

todd-johnson.jpg

Pete Prevost

pete-prevost.jpg

Per Jensen

per-jensen.jpg

riffraff

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 8, 2014
South Carolina
What a great show. Two special announcements heard here first! I am really looking forward to trying Mac Baren's Latakia Flake! It sounds delicious. I know you aren't a Latakia fan, Brian. I kind of laughed to myself when he offered to smoke some with you at the Chicago Pipe Show. I thought it was funny that you never said "yes" or "sounds good".
The interview with Todd and Peter was great too. The forthcoming of their high quality factory made pipes sounds intriguing. I will be keeping a close eye for Briar Works International. The thought and planning of this venture sounds both promising and exciting. Also the fact that there are nine pipe makers involved is impressive.
I feel that pipe makers are a lot like musicians (and quite a few are, from what I hear on your show). Pipe makers don't consider other pipe makers as competitors, but rather collaborators and mentors. That is a true characteristic of artistry.
The fact that breaking news and announcements from the biggest names in the industry are on your show gives you credibility and proves that the Pipes Magazine Radio Show is THE show for our hobby and all pipe smokers the world over!

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
The BriarWorks tables at the Chicago show were an enticing look at what Mr. Johnson and Mr. Prevost are trying to do. I was ready to pull the trigger on one of their pipes but, alas, the pipes on the table weren't for sale. I love the idea of a mid-market priced American factory pipe with solid engineering, and the pipes available were interesting designs in a variety of finishes. I look forward to seeing and hearing more as the factory comes on-line. It also gives me something to think about with regards to a potential POTY for our club.
Here is a link to the BriarWorks website: http://briarworksintl.com/
-- Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.