PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Here's my Sunday project, an estate Comoy I received in a lot of pipes off of eBay. I don't have a before picture, but it wasn't in bad shape at all so there wouldn't be much difference. It just needed a little TLC, nothing drastic.
This is the first pipe I own with a stem like this, which is why I called it Fancy Pants. I wouldn't purposely search for a stem like this, but I dig it.
ComoyOrange_zps6daeb9ef.jpg

jharvard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 2, 2011
Pretty "fancy." Looks like it has been really well cared for and/or cleaned up nicely. How old is your "fancy pants" estate pipe? Thanks for sharing friend. :puffpipe:

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
I haven't looked into dating it yet, but the previous owner did appear to take good care of it. Aside from some char on the rim, the pipe was an easy clean. The stem came clean after just a few pipe cleaners. No chatter on the stem either.
It's so bright in the rack compared to my other pipes. What a showoff.

jharvard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 2, 2011
Yeah, Fancy Pants is not much of an introvert. That stem is nice. I am not into "fancy and swanky" stems but the combination works on this pipe. Very sharp pipe. :puffpipe:

hans

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2012
Looks nice! I really like it next to the mini Orange amp.

bigboi

Lifer
Nov 12, 2012
@Ghost I like that little Orange amp in the back ground goes well with the "fancy pants" I take it you play music. What kind do you play?

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Thanks for the compliments everyone, I'm starting to regret calling it Fancy Pants...
@Ghost I like that little Orange amp in the back ground goes well with the "fancy pants" I take it you play music. What kind do you play?
I play mostly metal, but I do play all kinds of music depending on my mood. I've been playing for almost 30 years. The little Orange amp is a battery powered one with a built in tuner I keep on my workbench when I do pickup changes and repairs. It actually sounds great, but you can't crank it. lol. It was a perfect match for the Comoy...

Status
Not open for further replies.