PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
Having the day off today, I started work on a couple of pipes from ebay.
This Dr Grabow Viscount came with a lot of three pipes. I really don't like the look of "White Briar" pipes and I never would have purchased it by itself. However, it is collectible I suppose, so it will go into the drawer for later resale. I'm not sure how many actually like the look of them. Anybody else like these? I'm sure it would smoke just fine.
grabowwhiteprofile_zps7420b95e.jpg

The next one, a Purex LHS Superfine is more my style. I was really looking forward to refurbishing this and trying it out. I'm sure it's going to be just as enjoyable as my other LHS pipes.
lhssuperfineprofile_zps0657014e.jpg

superfineside_zps28bffc3a.jpg

lhssuperfinestamp_zps46dd5002.jpg

redbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2013
That Dr Grabow would look nice next to my new acquisition. An orange viscount :rofl: for only $5 you can't go wrong

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
That Dr Grabow would look nice next to my new acquisition. An orange viscount :rofl: for only $5 you can't go wrong
Exactly right! I bought the lot of three pipes for $15.00, including shipping. The third pipe is missing the stem but came in a nice case. Someday I'll take a shot at getting that one back in shape too.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I've had a few of the Grabow painted pipes and they have always smoked fine for me. There are folks who collect them and nice examples get snatched up quickly on Ebay.

One member here has a very large collection of them. I have about a dozen of them on my DG Skyliner display.

Status
Not open for further replies.