PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
I met my quota at my first stop of the day, a local shop. As the proprietress was ringing them up she noted they had been selling a lot of pipes and racks recently. Noooooo!!! What have I missed?
Well, here's what I got. Nothing exceptionally special, but still exciting stuff for me. They are all in pretty good shape and the stampings are sharp, particularly the Yello-Bole. It still has the yellow in the bowl.
Top to bottom, A Yello-Bole Imperial, Prince of Monte Carlo, (meerschaum lined) Whitehall Saratoga and an Arlington Custom Deluxe with a sterling band.
antiquestore_zps00a06fe1.jpg

I know nothing of Prince of Monte Carlo pipes though I do see them on ebay sometimes. I'll have to stop in that store weekly instead of monthly.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Nice looking group. I saw a 1/4 bent Bulldog with diamond shank in a fitted leather case that I believe had a

Bakelite bottom to it, they wanted $55 but felt that was too much for something I'd really have no use for.

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
@fishbanjo, $55.00 would be too much for an estate pipe for me as well. These were eight bucks each. While I really don't need them, I'll have fun refurbing them and selling them someday. I'm thinking the Arlington will be the only one I end up keeping. I'm a sucker for silver bands :)

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
"I'm thinking the Arlington will be the only one I end up keeping. I'm a sucker for silver bands..."
Of the four that's the one which caught my eye, too. I'll be interested to hear how it cleans up, and, more importantly, how it smokes!

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
Arlington pipes are fine smokers, I have three, and like you, I love the look of the Sterling bands on them. I'd say it's going to be a keeper.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Very nice indeed for eight bucks apiece. They are quite acceptable now, so with some

work, they should be great looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.