Today, the 18th of June, is National Sauntering Day

(10 posts)
  • Started 2 months ago by mikethompson
  • Latest reply from buroak
  1. mikethompson

mikethompson

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Happy National Sauntering Day everyone! I don't know if it is legit or not, but hey, I saw it on the internet so it must be true.

Sauntering Day

June 19 is Sauntering Day, an annual holiday that reminds people to pause, take a stock of their busy schedules, and slow down for a bit. And because the day has the word sauntering in it, it also encourages everyone to take a leisurely walk.

sounds like a good excuse to enjoy your pipe!

Posted 2 months ago #
  2. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I gotta love it because that was one of my dad's favorite words and ways of describing walks or walking excursions, in his case almost always with a pipe packed with Granger. He was also a deliberative thinker and prolific conversationalist.

Posted 2 months ago #
  3. jaytex969

jaytex969

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

My wife and I have a small running joke about determining whether we are moseying or ambling.

Happy Sauntering and Lunting to all!

Gunner, Black Frigate. Say "Hello" to my little friend!
    Posted 2 months ago #
  4. jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Hell, yeah, what a good idea! Today is a perfect day here for all the above terms (which may or may not be identical endeavors.)

I'll saunter on down to the coffee shop. Then I'll amble around the golf course. Perhaps I'll mosey over to the pipe shop.....

I know that you believe you understood what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
    Posted 2 months ago #
  5. agnosticpipe

Orley

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Umm, isn't today the 19th?
    Still sauntering is an excellent idea with pipe in hand.
    Oh, and the 19th is also known as Junteenth, the day slavery was abolished in 1865.

The pipe smoker formerly know as agnostic pipe
    "Fried food, hard liquor, and tobacco, that's the holy trinity!"- Stacy Keach
    Posted 2 months ago #
  6. bnichols23

Bill Nichols

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I for one am going to saunter my fat butt into my favorite smoking chair after I get off work & puff me some clouds while I watch the rest of the neighborhood saunter/meander/mosey/hustle/huff-puff/giddy-up/wheel/stumble by. Energy conservation is good, & I'm always in the same place when I stop as when I started.

Bill

Head Black Frigate keelhauler, boss powder monkey, & troublemaker 1st class.
    Posted 2 months ago #
  7. scloyd

scloyd

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I sauntered into a Cracker Barrel and ate some chicken livers, green beans and a salad. Then I meandered around the gift shop for a few minutes and purchased nothing. Then I moseyed out to my car and drove home and I am enjoying a bowl of John Cotton's Smyrna.

Posted 2 months ago #
  8. mikethompson

mikethompson

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Hmm yes I am a day behind, I must have let my mind wander as I was sauntering.

Posted 2 months ago #
  9. alaskanpiper

alaskanpiper

Login to Send PM

Maybe I'll saunter my ass out of work early then. It's too beautiful out and the fish are running too hard to be cooped up in this office.

"We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that death will tremble to take us." ---Hank

"Yeah, well, you know that's just like, uh, your opinion, man..." --- The Dude
    Posted 2 months ago #
  10. buroak

buroak

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I was (am) too busy to actually saunter, but I will let my mind saunter when the work gets tedious.

Life contains a particle of risk. - Allardyce T. Meriweather in Little Big Man
    Posted 2 months ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   jiminks, sablebrush52