Today Started Good....Then Got Laid Off.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

12 Fresh Moonshine Pipes
36 Fresh Ropp Pipes
2 Fresh Former Pipes
24 Fresh Rossi Pipes
12 Fresh Mark Tinsky Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Been working the same company for 8+ years. Small company, so they let two of us go. The other was our graphics dept girl. She has been there about 4 years. Reason cited was lack of work. I was not shocked as the printing industry is a move forward or fall behind industry and the owners have sat on their collective asses for the last few years and refused to go full digital. They are making the changes now, but at the expense of lost business for some time. Oh well time to move on.

texmexpipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2014
That just stinks man. Here's to the next position, may it be everything you need and nothing you dont.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
That sucks, man. Hopefully it's just the door to your next opportunity opening. Here in the aviation industry, the combined effects of 9/11 and the Great Recession of '08 have us waiting for the other shoe to drop every single day.

jacks6

Lifer
May 9, 2016
Hey Voorhees, I'm really sorry to hear that. The same thing happened to me a few months ago. I was pretty cool about it at first -then distraught/fairly depressed as the months kept passing by and I had to make sure my small family was taken care of. In fact, in my free time that's how I became so active on the forum and found some solace here. I'm just now getting back on my feet now but one thing that was comforting through the job search process was keeping in mind that everything in life passes. The good times pass by and the bad times pass by as well. On the positive side you've now got more time for your pipe! I also enjoyed reading this guy James Altucher - his blog posts are very real life career focused, not the motivational Tony Robbins BS rah rah stuff. Anyways, I don't know if any of that is helpful at all but best of luck in your upcoming job search.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Sorry to hear that man. Hope you make a come back, better than before. Good luck to you.

randelli

Nov 21, 2015
Sorry to hear that! Linked in is a very good place to find openings; and to get noticed. PM me if you like and I will give you a link to my profile. Most people do not fully utilize Linked in but I get 5-6 serious hits a month.
Good luck!

tobaccojoe

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2016
USA
Sorry to hear this, Voorhees. Here's wishing you a quick rise from the grave in the majestic manner your name alludes to.

randelli

Nov 21, 2015
I am a construction project manager; but the Linked in concept is the same. Just something I was lucky enough to pick up during a lay off of my own.

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
That sucks man. I don't know you, but you seem sharp and level headed, two things that will serve you well in the job search. You seem to know where the last business made its mistakes, so if you remain in this field, then you KNOW the kind of company you should be looking to join. When a job has gone south for me, I've always striven to find something as radically different from the last job as possible. As a result, I have a great diversity of skills and can market myself into a large number of fields as a matter of course. This approach may not be appealing or applicable to you, but I felt it was worth mentioning. Best of luck and hang in there!! :puffy:

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
As we are all familiar with you around here, this news hits pretty close to home.
On July 13 this year I lost my job and was affected deeply due to the unjust manner of my dismissal. Since then I have changed countries and I am now in the process of beginning from scratch.
It is hard but the head up approach is all we have. I am sure all will be for the best and soon you will be announcing your new endeavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.