PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

irishsmoker

Lifer
Feb 14, 2012
Today would've been my sons second birthday. I was in Afghanistan when my fiance and our son were driving to the store. It was about 8pm and the were struck head on by a drunk driver. They were both killed instantly. Often I think that it was me who was unlucky. I feel like I missed my chance to be with them.Later that day was when we struck by an IED. Today is a sad day for me. I can't help but think what kind of man he would've grown up to be. Here is his picture.

IMAG0514.jpg

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I can't imagine the pain. It is good, though, that you can talk about it, and maybe talk through the hurt and loss.

It's also good that you feel comfortable enough to discuss it here with us. Thanks for sharing the picture.

irishsmoker

Lifer
Feb 14, 2012
I try not to think about the hurt. But today that box in the back of your mind where you put all of the bad sh!t that happens in your life, today mine is over flowing.

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
Awe Irish :cry: Try to find comfort that he is in a better place now. My prayers are that you may find some sort of peace from your suffering today.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Makes ya wish that some days could be removed from the calender--and our minds. It will get easier.

cajunguy

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2012
Metairie, LA
Thank you for sharing, Irish. I truly am sorry for your loss and this painful day. You have friends here, and we are here for you.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
As a father of 4, that has always been my biggest fear. I cannot even imagine how you deal with that level of pain. I also would like to thank you for your service and I hope that the pain subsides a little more each year. Thank you for sharing, it certainly makes me grateful for the blessings in my life.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Ever since you've been on here, I've wondered what happened to your wife. There is no way to make any sense of this Insane Asylum of the Universe, as nowhere else could things be this messed up. Thanks for letting us know what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.