PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallbright

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2010
I was reading Automobile Magazine today and came across an article about Bristol Cars Twin Turbo T which boasts 1012 horsepower. I was already amazed at the specs of the car when I noticed that the chairman, Toby Silverton, is sporting a pipe in one of the pictures. Although, I don't know if he is actually a pipe smoker or just posing as one. I read on Evo:
"We meet in the famous showroom in West London which is, as I’d always hoped, slightly dated, faintly scruffy, and all the more glorious for it. If you went to buy a Bentley in this part of town I’m sure you’d get mood lighting and ghastly Swarovski doorknobs. At Bristol the price list for the £235,000 Fighter is splodgily typed on a sheet of A4. The disarray is uncontrived, but Silverton and his two showroom colleagues aren’t above playing to expectation… A while back one of them went out and bought three pipes so when they see someone gazing through the windows they can cheerily pretend to chuff away because, well, that’s what you’d want to see when you peer through the window of Bristol Cars, isn’t it? "
I would be willing to bite the bullet and find out though Kevin if you wish to pay for a trip for me out to Bristol Cars to interview him and test drive the Fighter Twin Turbo T. That's the kind of committed member I am haha.
Anyways, the article I was reading can be found here and the article the quote came from can be found here.

wallbright

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2010
I don't know but it would be interesting to investigate. I believe since they are a relatively smaller operation you could easily contact him via phone but I am not certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.