PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

escioe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 31, 2013
It looks a lot more functional to me. My big gripe before was how you couldn't sort much. Now everything in a column seems sortable. I read that members were going to get reliability ratings somehow, too, which will be interesting to see. I dislike having to wade through pages of "no nicotine and I hate latakia, Westminster gets 0 stars" to get to the good reviews.
Honestly, this site could use some revamping. The forum has some pretty archaic things going on compared to something like the Xenforo powered forums.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
I like the formatting a lot more. I wish reviewers were able to give more than four stars, at least five, but a 1-10 rating would better. That said, the problem I have with the ratings is that they're all over the board. While you can see that a majority of folks give this blend a solid 3 stars, the tasting comments are all different, and bottom line, I can't tell if I'm going to like something based on the reviews. So, what's the point?

shayde

Can't Leave
Oct 4, 2013
Hmmm I think I like it better, at least on my phone. I haven't gotten on it with a computer yet.

james80

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 16, 2012
Increased functionality is always a good thing, you can now sort the material to find different aspects which may be of interest. I like what they have tried to do.
Loke most new things, people tend not like it at first but then it grows on them.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
I like it quite a bit, seems easier to get a grip on where each reviewer is coming from, so one can separate the pipe smokers from the drama queens. I think Chuck and his crew have done well!

scrapyardape

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 9, 2013
Florida gulfcoast
Nice new look, but I still don't like the place. Too many people there appear to do be doing nothing more than competing with one another to see who can be the most unimpressed/horrified/nauseated with many tobacco blends. :|

shayde

Can't Leave
Oct 4, 2013
I hate posting on my iPhone it always posts the same thing twice, then I have to go and edit one and pretend I was trying to say something else....

shayde

Can't Leave
Oct 4, 2013
They actually have a badge system as well now, I don't know if they had it before or not. So at least now you can sort of tell what kinda reviewers are reviewing negatively/positively.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
I don't dislike change. But I do when it comes to tech-- Especially to operating systems, forums, etc. Always seems a great idea but more cumbersome in practice. I'll probably come around once I get used to it.
One note: it doesn't appear optimized for iPad viewing.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I think the changes are great and long overdue. If you know how to use that site, you can find tons of great blends. I have been using it since 2001 and have found most of my favorites from it with this site being the other source of my favorites. Yes there are tons of crap reviews and reviewers, but I weed those out very quickly.
I have my favorite reviewers that have similar tastes to mine, I see what they like and have bought many blends based on their reviews with great success.

Status
Not open for further replies.