Pipes Magazine » Pipe Tobacconists - B&M's and Internet Retailers

Tags:  No tags yet. 

Tobaccopipes.com

(39 posts)
  1. plains

plains

Login to Send PM

I'd like to share a recent experience with Tobaccopipes.com. Friday I was shopping for a couple of tins; one being Ashtons Artisans blend. The "usual' sites were out of stock and doing a search I came across Tobaccopipes.com. They happened to have it in stock along with GL Pease Gaslite. I ordered on Friday, received an immediate confirmation, received a confirmation of shipping on Saturday with an expected delivery of Tuesday the 26th. It arrived today, a day early. I e-mailed them letting them know it had arrived a day early, thanking them for their speedy service and less than an hour later received a reply thanking me for my "kind words and support." They explained that they were a small company, appreciated my business and added "if you ever need anything we are here to help:"
    I'll be ordering from them again....

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. papipeguy

papipeguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have spoken with the owners several times and they are wonderful guys. Serious about their business and focused on customer satisfaction.

Blowin' smoke since 1970.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  3. unkleyoda

unkleyoda

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I love their speedy service.

So you say you can drink? Well, I'm from Wisconsin. Try to keep up.
    Posted 1 year ago #
  4. bigtex

bigtex

Login to Send PM

Awesome! I have received excellent customer service from them in the past as well.

Making Pipe Smoking Great Again!
    Posted 1 year ago #
  5. anthonyrosenthal74

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I've ordered from them a few times. Never been disappointed.

Arrrrr, shiver me timbers! International Talk Like a Pirate Day is September the 19th!!!
    Brothers Of The Black Frigate
    Posted 1 year ago #
  6. olkofri

Olkofri

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I don't get speedy service when ordering from them, but that's the fault of the post. Tobaccopipes.com absolutely rocks: great selection, great service, and efficient process for international buyers. I totally recommend them.

Not the sweet, new grass with flowers is this harvesting of mine;
    Not the upland clover bloom...
    Posted 1 year ago #
  7. scloyd

scloyd

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Before I placed my first order with Tobaccopipes I Google mapped it and did a streetside view to check out their storefront. They seemed legit. I placed an order on a Friday and it also arrived on Monday. They're in Florida and I am in Illinois. Very impressive. I have placed another order with them since and again received excellent service.

Posted 1 year ago #
  8. kickinbears

kickinbears

Login to Send PM

Just put my first order in with them on Sat. Order was processed and supposed to arrive today. Seems like a great shop and is now on my short list of go-to online shops.

It drives me nuts, being a biz ops guy, when places “sit” on the order for a few days before processing / packaging

Posted 1 year ago #
  9. coldsmoke

coldsmoke

Login to Send PM

I have been very pleased with their service and recommend them without reservation.

Posted 1 year ago #
  10. ray47

ray47

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I highly recommend them. Sometimes they have blends and pipes that the larger online sites don't have. Always great customer service.

Posted 1 year ago #
  11. User has not uploaded an avatar

opus777

Login to Send PM

I've been very pleased with my purchases from them as well.

Posted 1 year ago #
  12. civilwar

civilwar

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have bought several pipes & tobacco at Tobaccopipes.com. They are a fantastic company.

Posted 1 year ago #
  13. kaleehb

kaleehb

Login to Send PM

I agree. Nothing but exceptional service and speedy processing/shipping. I was however, disappointed when they changed their shipping policy. They used to ship all orders, no matter the size, at free shipping. Even if you were to order one tin, it was free shipping. That has now changed (and for obvious reasons), but it was indeed nice while it lasted. First world problems

Posted 1 year ago #
  14. irishearl

irishearl

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

ray47, I can attest to the fact they may carry pipes other, more well known sites don't as my recent first time purchase form them was a Peterson Kinsale XL23. I'd window whopped for that pipe for a long time before I pulled the trigger and can tell you the better known sites seldom had it in stock.

Posted 1 year ago #
  15. whiteburleydude

whiteburleydude

Login to Send PM

They also do great no hassle returns if your unsatisfied. Quick credit card refund also. A+

Posted 1 year ago #
  16. User has not uploaded an avatar

madmike740

Login to Send PM

The only place I order from. My orders are always correct and ship the same day.

Posted 9 months ago #
  17. wyfbane

wyfbane

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'm just sad that I missed out on their last pipe sale. I am destined to NOT get a Chacom Christmas pipe, it seems.

They are a great business and super friendly. Prices and selection are both good, too.

Posted 9 months ago #
  18. hoosierpipeguy

hoosierpipeguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Great service, they get a lot of my business.

Posted 9 months ago #
  19. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

My gimpy search engine won't open major portions of sites including pipe and tobacco retail sites I used to visit regularly. Being a hopeless non-techie, this means I must pack up my desktop in a rolling suitcase and haul it to the Apple Store. I've followed all the prompts to update my software, but all they do is offer to sell me unrelated apps. However, my point is, I've done business with tobaccopipes.com, and they have had some of the best inventory of classic American factory pipes at super reasonable prices. I have bought several. They used to ship free. They are always prompt. You can get things from there you can't find elsewhere, or only on dubious ebay. Yes, great outfit.

Posted 9 months ago #
  20. mrenglish

mrenglish

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I've picked up a couple Peterson's from them recently. Will continue to use them for business. They also sell on Amazon and eBay and do not raise their prices when selling on those sites. They sell them for the same price on their website. I just think that is a nice touch.

Michael
    Posted 9 months ago #
  21. techie

techie

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I've often noticed they have stock that others are out of.

Posted 9 months ago #
  22. User has not uploaded an avatar

Alex

Login to Send PM

Just received my package from tobaccopipes and I'm totally satisfied too! A mere 2 weeks all the way to South Korea, from most US retailers it would be almost a month (cheapest option).

Posted 9 months ago #
  23. carolinachurchwarden

carolinachurchwarden

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

They do offer really fast and good service. I haven't had a problem with them yet. One of the only reasons I don't shop there almost exclusively is that SP's does have tobacco blends that TP's doesn't carry and vice versa. SO I shop them both about the same. When I want a pipe, I also try to buy my tobacco during the same exchange. I just hate multiple orders at the exact same time. I try to keep my ordering simple. Tobaccopipes is a top notch service. Usually have my order within 2 or 3 days.

"If you can't send money, send tobacco." - George Washington

Posted 9 months ago #
  24. craiginthecorn

craiginthecorn

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'm a fan, too.

Posted 9 months ago #
  25. timt

timt

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I just recently placed my first order with them. They emailed me shortly after to tell me that I ordered the last 10 tins of the blend and that to fill the order they would have to send 2 dented tins and asked if still wanted them. I appreciated the heads up and took all 10.

Tim
    Posted 9 months ago #
  26. User has not uploaded an avatar

foursidedtriangle

Login to Send PM

They are awesome and ship internationally.

Posted 9 months ago #
  27. blackadderlxx

blackadderlxx

Login to Send PM

I like them a lot. Better than a couple of their major competitors.

Posted 9 months ago #
  28. jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

My gimpy search engine won't open major portions of sites including pipe and tobacco retail sites I used to visit regularly. Being a hopeless non-techie, this means I must pack up my desktop in a rolling suitcase and haul it to the Apple Store.

Before you make that trip, download and open another browser, Chrome and/or Firefox. See it those work fine. If so, and if you prefer Safari, delete all history and you should be good to go. Or online Apple help may do it, but there may well be a charge if your machine is elderly.

I know that you believe you understood what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
    Posted 9 months ago #
  29. ray47

ray47

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I still buy from TobaccoPipes because they get their packages out quick, but the USPS in Florida stinks. My recent tub of Edward G. Robinson was supposed to be picked up on Monday but didn't get shipped until Tuesday. It was supposed to be here today, but tracking indicates it's still in Florida. I hope someone doing the recounts didn't smoke it. I may have to rethink ordering from TobaccoPipes, but not because of them.

Posted 9 months ago #
  30. spartacus

spartacus

Login to Send PM

My only interaction with them was an order for two of the same Savinelli pipes. One as a gift and one for me. They only sent one pipe. I contacted them and they had already realized the mistake and the new pipe came the next day. I thought the customer service and response time was great.

Posted 9 months ago #
  31. captpat

captpat

Login to Send PM

I've ordered a few times and the ship VERY promptly. Top notch service.

Posted 9 months ago #
  32. jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

MSO!!

Guessing you did not see the post regarding internet searches and not taking an unnecessary trip to the Apple store. Or did you? Try anything?

Posted 9 months ago #
  33. User has not uploaded an avatar

mau1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Good to know.

“I've been treating you with courtesy and respect because that's the way I choose to treat everyone. But never, ever mistake kindness with weakness.”
    ― Louise Penny, Still Life
    Posted 9 months ago #
  34. jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Tom? Mso??

Posted 7 months ago #
  35. User has not uploaded an avatar

szconrad

Login to Send PM

Those guys are fantastic. I got some Amphora Virginia not too long ago that unfortunately had some mold on it. I emailed them, and they immediately sent me 2 pouches (instead of just 1 that I ordered) and said returning the original wasn't necessary. A class act.

Posted 1 week ago #
  36. jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

MSO!!

Guessing you did not see the post (several before this one) regarding internet searches and not taking an unnecessary trip to the Apple store. Or did you? Try anything?

Tried a different browser?

Posted 1 week ago #
  37. canadianpuffer

canadianpuffer

Login to Send PM

Great service, package so nothing gets damaged. Awesome

Posted 1 week ago #
  38. aro222

aro222

Login to Send PM

Thought I would chime in here. Last year i was in Florida on vacation and thought I might pay them a visit and pick up a couple tins. I reached out to them via email and found out that they are strictly an online store and not really retail. After explaining that i was visiting Florida and would like to stop by and pick up a couple tins of tobacco, the owner invited me to the shop for a tour of their setup. Although not the norm, he didn't hesitate to help me out. When i walked in I was greeted with the most wonderful aroma of tobacco. I have never seen so much product in my life and i was able to walk down the aisles and have my pick of whatever i wanted. I thought for a moment i was in pipe and tobacco heaven. Like a kid in a candy shop I ended up with 3 pipes and a half dozen of tins for the ride home, not to mention all the free samples and accessories which were given to me as well. These guys went out of the way to help me out and they are so generous. i cannot say enough good things about them.
    I have ordered from them many times and are definitely one of my go to vendors. Thanks again Tobaccopipes Keep up the great work !

Keep calm...smoke a pipe.
    Posted 6 days ago #
  39. tenton

tenton

Login to Send PM

Tobaccopipes.com is just a mile or so down the road from where I work and a few miles from my house. First time I went there I was like you and thought it was a retail store, but when I arrived, I found out it's an internet only store. He let me inside anyway, but said I should call for an appointment before coming again. I order tobacco from them on the internet and have them ship it USPS, but if I was going to buy a pipe I'd make an appointment so I could look at it first.

Posted 6 days ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   jttnk