PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2013
Ok... So, I finally broke down and ordered a churchwarden today. Now, I'm not connected in any way to this site except I ordered a pipe from them before and it was the best customer service I've ever had; not just with pipes and tobacco, but with ordering anything. Again today, I got top notch service from these guys and I'm pretty pumped on getting my new pipe.
UPDATE: They also say they are going to carry tobacco pretty soon here too!

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Pics or it didn't happen.
Just teasing - congrats on your new churchwarden. I have one churchwarden and I really like it.
lectura-mpb-churchwarden.jpg

quincy

Feb 7, 2013
How about a link?

http://www.tobaccopipes.com/savinelli-churchwarden-rustic-601-tobacco-pipe/

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
That's a great Sav you've got coming to you quincy - I like it a lot.
And thanks for the compliments on mine guys. @zonomo it's a Brebbia. It's a fine pipe with nice silver work, and nice grain too. I bought it at smokingpipes.com for around $132.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
@6

Your bowl get a little hot too? lol

-------------------------------------------
I love my Peterson churchwarden... but I'm sad that the bowl is super small and the walls are super thin.
I'd like a churchwarden with a normal to larger sized bowl. It's my White Whale.
Probably just end up getting a stem made for a half bent something or other. :puffy:

quincy

Feb 7, 2013
Spartan, check out the Mauro Armellini one at pipes and cigars. Almost went for it... http://pipesandcigars.com/maarchpirudu1.html

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
@6

Your bowl get a little hot too? lol
True enough - it does if I am not extra careful with my packing and smoking - I have to be more conscious with it than my other pipes.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I have 4 churchwardens, three briars, and a cob.
IMHO ever pipe smoker needs at least one.

They give a unique and enjoyable smoke.
Congrats on your acquisition! :clap:

You're going to love it.

:puffy:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My wife gave me a Sav 601 churchwarden for Christmas and I too am much pleased. It has a bigger

bowl than some churchwardens, and has that long, curved stem that is authentic to the early churchwarden

designs (I hear). The bowl smokes cool, and the extra length tends to keep the tobacco mellow. It sits

on the top row of my pipe rack from Two Cousins. She also gave me pipe cleaners of churchwarden

length, one set smooth and the other with bristles, and a pipe case that will accommodate two churchwardens

or any pipes, for traveling. I wasn't big on churchwardens, but now that I have one, I wouldn't be without.

Status
Not open for further replies.