PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipeanddrum

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2016
Hello all,
I'm currently in county Clare Ireland, travelling to Galway tomorrow and am wondering if anyone knows where I can find pipe tobacco there.

I have found Condor plug and it seems most newsagents stock it and/or the ready rubbed variety but I'm looking for other, harder to find blends.
Thanks very much!

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
If you are going to Galway City ask around "shop street", High St., to the locals. Cigars and cigarettes are fairly easy to locate, I've not found pipe blends. I found a couple of tins of Peterson a few years ago in Roundstone a couple of years ago. Galway City is a university town so no telling what you can find here and there. There are still pipe smokers around, few and fare between, so always ask.
I've never had much luck with pipe blends outside of Dublin. I usually make a day trip to Dublin to stock up when I'm in Ireland.

pipeanddrum

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2016
I'm in Galway now and have happen to hit a jackpot. Went into Powell's music shop where they happen to carry Mick McQuaid and Velvan plug. Both are near impossible to get in the states.

btp79

Can't Leave
Jan 27, 2018
Sugar Land, TX
I'm in Galway now and have happen to hit a jackpot. Went into Powell's music shop where they happen to carry Mick McQuaid and Velvan plug. Both are near impossible to get in the states.
Powell's is great! I actually bought my first pipe ever from there 20 years ago while on a backpacking trip before college.

w2irt

Lurker
Nov 19, 2012
Hope you visited the Crane Bar in Sea Street!
I'm going to Galway and Connemara in May, 2019 and plan to spend a couple of nights lookin' for ol' Jack and Garda Noonan (first iteration, of course). I fell madly in love with that show...until I watched the third series.

Status
Not open for further replies.