PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Am I the only one who can't get to tobacocellar.com?
Does anyone if they shutdown the website?
Thanks

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Yea I tried tobaccocellar.com in my early days, but having to go and update it constantly was too much effort for me. And now, I only stock one blend, so it's much easier. :D

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
The reason it is down is because your beloved FDA need to see exactly who has what so as they can see who they need to hit the hardest when it comes to an all out ban :puffy:
Regards,
Jay.

I still use the old iPhone app, Pipetool. My phone keeps asking me to delete it because it is not supported anymore, but I be damned if I will re-inventory my whole damn cellar again. The guys who made Pipetool can kiss my ass for making such a great app and then leaving it unsupported.

Yeh, the idea of having my cellar online, just doesn't appeal to me in any way at all.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
The guys who made Pipetool can kiss my ass for making such a great app and then leaving it unsupported.
Contact the developer and convey this information. They need to know that there is an audience out there who will make the app financially profitable. Otherwise, they need to put their time into something else.
You will notice that many old computer guys spend little time on phone apps. There is a reason: we recognize the software life cycle and do not want to lock our data into specialized formats.
For example, if you enter your cellar/pipe data into an Excel spreadsheet, you can export to a format that transfers to just about any other program in the universe, and by using the industry standard, you are mostly insulated against being locked out.
Apps are a bubble, like many other things. The cell phone and portable devices boom died last year, but there are still many programmers, most of whom are unschooled in the basics of computer science, generating apps that have a short life cycle of frenzied adoption, lethargy, apathy and abandonment.

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
You guys that use this will probably end up in Hawaii, the American Gulag.
Maybe more like a stalag. I can see a remake of Hogan's Heroes set in Hawaii! FDA soldiers guarding captured tobacco users.
I see nothing.....

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
I spent A LOT of time putting my cellar on The Pipe Tool, and then just lost interest and stopped paying for the premium membership and deleted the whole thing. :crazy:

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Cosmic, once again I agree, which is weird, I don't remember paying anything.
Having said all that, since I've pretty much stopped buying I don't care how much it says I have of what. I have about 175 pounds...... heading to zero.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Why would anyone want to post their cellars online for everyone to see, anyway? I don't need some stupid app to tell me what I have. I know exactly what I have. I have a whole bunch of tobacco of various types that I enjoy smoking, enough to last longer than I will. That's what I have.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Jeez, Jay, we can't get a break from you guys. When we don't want to pay 97% taxes and let the government nationalize every aspect of our lives, we're wild savages. When some big-brother government asshole finally does get some traction against our will, it's our "beloved FDA".
It sort of reminds me of how you got the entire world using the English system of measurement just so you could switch to Froggy's metric system; now anyone who uses the English system is an ignorant colonial. Or that one time when two world wars bled you white, and you couldn't afford to own 3/4 of the globe anymore, and in a big huge coincidence, you guys turned all "anti-imperialist" in a big fucking hurry.

Status
Not open for further replies.