PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesmk

Can't Leave
Jul 13, 2013
Bethlehem,PA
Having Sunday morning coffee and a bowl reading the news feeds and thought I'd share this link, and it's not what you think:

http://www.engadget.com/2014/04/05/tobacco-cancer-treatment/

Dan

Gabrieli Pipes :puffy:

anglesey

Can't Leave
Jan 15, 2014
This piece of news will never go any farther than this forum. This'll be hushed up like the roswell incident.

salmonfisher

Can't Leave
Feb 12, 2014
Goes hand in and with how CBD oil in weed is proving to be a wonder drug. Never judge a book by its cover.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I used to work in administrative support in biomedical research, so I know how many promising

substances natural and chemical are found each year, only a rare few of which ever emerge from

the other end of the research process as disease fighting drugs. This is not a cynical statement at

all. Science is an incredibly demanding master/mistress. Many things look wonderful because we

want them to so badly. But reproducible study results often don't support the fond wishes of the

researchers. This is a wonderful "find," and bears watching, but it explains late in the

brief article, it's a long long way from promise to helping individual folks fighting a disease.

And tobacco farming families will be watching this one, for sure.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Roswell was hushed up? My goodness gracious, there have been movies, rumors, books, magazine articles, TV shows, editorials, supposition, investigations, expert opinion, opinions from non-experts, radio commentators, seances, and what not. Hushed up my foot! There a people making a very good living off Roswell. Hushed up indeed!
Denied maybe, but certainly not hushed up.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Good one Warren, I wish they would hush up on Roswell once and for all; enough is enough!
Regarding the potential scientific break through, any hope is better than no hope.
Love the irony, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.