PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wellington

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 31, 2012
My Frog Morton was too moist out of the can, after a number of horrible bowls that just won't stay lit for the life of them I realized I really needed to dry this stuff out. At first I'd leave the tobacco out an hour or so (and I mean the lid off the 50g can). I tried this more than once and nothing still. So this morning I took the lid off and have left it all day, its now 10:30 in the evening and its still just as moist. Its been raining lots recently here and I think its just too humid. I'm leaving it overnight too, but I was wondering how I can dry this stuff when its so humid.

cavendish

Jan 22, 2013
Sometimes when I have a 'wet' tobacco and I want to smoke it right then and there I place it on a plate and put it under a desk lamp, the one with the bendable neck on it. I let it sit under the light for about 2min and it's good to go. I have never noticed any adverse effects in taste from doing this either. Try it out and see what ya get!

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Some people live in areas so humid they jar tobacco to keep the moisture out. You might have to put it on a plate and microwave it for a few seconds or oven dry it.

allenz

Lurker
Feb 14, 2013
I live in a pretty humid area too. I had thought about using microwave but the idea just sounded kind of wrong at the time. Gonna give it a try now!

livivian520

Lurker
Jun 24, 2013
Try it out and see what ya get!
v2c.gif

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
McClellend blends usually come very moist. I would dry enough for a bowl and not the entire tin. It can take a week to dry an entire tin of Frog.

trailspike48

Jan 15, 2013
I had this problem when the humidity was hovering around 100%. A forum member suggested a hair blow dryer, I used my heat gun on low setting. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

rayje589

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2012
I set some Captain Black out the other day to smoke, and it's been nearly a full day (maybe even two) and it is still too moist. Around here it's dry winter, humid summers. I also don't recommend drying the entire tin, only dry what you actually intend to smoke. I also like to spread it out on a napkin or something so that it's not just a clump of tobacco.

daytonsean

Lifer
Aug 28, 2012
Dayton
First, +1 Jud.
Second, try a few minutes under a desk lamp. I live in the Miami Valley where it's humid all year long. I set a bowl's worth out to dry on my desk for maybe a half hour, and it sets up no problem.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Yes McClelland's I usually have to let dry for almost a week with the top off for it to get to an acceptable smoking moisture, I'll just shake the can every few days so the top doesn't dry out, and this is in the winter time to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.