PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
Thanks to my good friend shaintiques (Dave), I have tried some absolutely incredible tobacco that i recommend all Aro loves try. Moulin Rogue. Dave was kind enough to do some work on a pipe that I nearly destroyed and he happen to drop a tin of Moulin Rouge in the return package. I was extremely surprised by this be even more blown away by this tobacco. Its very cool to smoke, a very pleasant berry note. I'm not sure but I almost taste a little green apple in there too. I love this stuff and will be happily puffing away for the next few weeks on this stuff. Thanks shaintiques!

scrapyardape

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 9, 2013
Florida gulfcoast
The title of this thread lead me to think that this was going to be a rant about an overly potent tobacco. I now see that "blew my face off" is a good thing. :wink:

flyguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2012
Oh-oh. Another one to add to my list of purchases. Will this madness ever end?

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Dave is a great guy! I met him at the Chattanooga show and I bought a pipe from his collection. He gave me 3 free tins of Sutliff tobaccos while I was there! He's a class act!

sfsteves

Lifer
Aug 3, 2013
SF Bay Area
zonomo said:

" ... it's called Sutliff Private Stock. I've never heard of it before."
with as many ads for Sutliff as there are on this site, it's difficult to imagine how one could be an active part of this forum for a year and not be familiar with the brand ...

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
The two aromatics that absolutely blew me away so far are Altadis: Stufliff's Private Stock: Molto Dulce and CAO Moontrance. What's with the Altadis names btw, freaking long as hell :) I may have to snag a sample of that stuff some time your talking about.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
Oh-oh. Another one to add to my list of purchases. Will this madness ever end?
No.
Dave is a great guy!
Sure is. The best!
with as many ads for Sutliff as there are on this site, it's difficult to imagine how one could be an active part of this forum for a year and not be familiar with the brand
Be that as it may, I've never heard of the stuff before. There is a lot of things I don't know about this tobacco, this site, our advertisers. You have to know that in WA State, we don't get to buy tobacco online so its not too surprising that I wouldn't spend much time on the ads.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
The two aromatics that absolutely blew me away so far are Altadis: Stufliff's Private Stock: Molto Dulce and CAO Moontrance.
I've had Molto Dulce on my list but I didn't know who made it until Dave sent me a sample tin (sshhh - don't tell sfsteves that I didn't know that or I'll get in trouble). Moontrance was the first tin that I bought and now have about 10 of them. I thought it appropriate to smoke it in my Peterson Dracula pipe.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
All I can say is I really like this tobacco and am certainly going to be buying much more of it.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Lemme see, I think Sutliff also recently bought Altadis (?) so it will slowly claim all its blends with re-branding,

or perhaps it will leave them a separate line. I haven't tried Moulon Rougue, or seen it, but I have tired several

others, two aro and a an English. My favorite was the English (Westminster, but not G.L.'s). One of the aros,

Great Outdoors, had loud disapproval from one Forums member, but I've enjoyed it. Not sure I'll buy more soon,

only because I have so many awaiting opening.

shayde

Can't Leave
Oct 4, 2013
My favorite Aro is Molto Dolce from Sutliff Private Stock, which I also got givin me by Shaintiques. I definitely recommend it to all of you like like Sutliff, like Aro's, and like to make your wives happy with a delicious scented tobacco. I've gotten countless compliments from friends and coworkers about it :) He sent me a tin of Moulin Rouge as well, very excited to try it now!! Thanks for sharing!

Status
Not open for further replies.