PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
ok ive bought 2 pipes with in week so i have a total of three now.im done for awhile now, so i need more tobacco. tell me your favorites, i really like cavendish, and i tried a blend with perique and latakia and really liked it

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
MacBaren's Scottish Mixture is a Va, burley and cavendish blend. Been around a long time.

Maltese Falcon is a very nice latakia blend.

Really interesting stuff from Samuel Gawith. I'm smoking Squadron Leader as I type this. I also have their 1792 and Grouse Moor, which are at opposite sides of the spectrum.

Check out www.tobaccoreviews.com for a lot of information.

Good hunting,

John

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
Blends I like that contain Latakia and Perique:

Cornell/Diehl - Habana Daydream, Virginia, Latakia, Perique, Black Cavandish, Cigar

Hearth&Home Marquee: - Magnum Opus, Virginia, Latakia, Perique, Orientals

Hearth&Home - Strike Force, Virginia, Latakia, Perique,Turkish, Cigar
If you go to the Tobacco Reviews Advanced Search you can enter what tobacco varietals you want as well as don't want to search for.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Uber.... you sound like you need some Lane 1Q.

Good go to smoke, inexpensive, bulk, tastes good, friendly room note.

Brings compliments, and isn't sophisticated.

Won't gunk up your pipes.

octavius

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 15, 2011
Escudo Navy DeLuxe (virginia perique)

McClelland Frog Morton on the Town (mild and smooth latakia)

atuukson

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 14, 2011
Sweden
Beck's Ol' Lime Bastard

Frog morton on the bayou

Baldheaded teacher

Bob's chocklate flake

Dunhill my mixture 965

Exhausted Rooster

St. James Woods

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
Uber, I'm new to to the tobacco pipe as well. I have only tried a few but I enjoy the Mac Baren 7 seas Royal, and plan on the Scottish mixture next.

Jul 15, 2011
Balkan Sasieni is a great English that is loaded with Latakia and can be found really cheap. Also, a lot of people have preconceived stigmas about drug store blends, but if you can find Half and Half anywhere, get it. Its all Ive been smoking lately. Nice and flavorful with a good room note and surprisingly complex for a drugstore blend. Also, MacBaren makes a lot of great tobaccos as does Tobacco Galleria by Altadis. Dont be afraid to try them all!

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
OK, current faves: Rattray's Bagpiper's Dream, Two Friends English Chocolate, C&D'd USS Mason,Samuel Gawith Grouse Moor, Samuel Gawith 1792, SG's Squadron Leader C&D's Gentleman Caller, Iwan Ries' Distinguished Gentlman, C&D's Junkyard Dawg, C&D's Mississippi Mud, Lane Ltd. Crown Achievement. There are more but let's give the others a shot.

Jul 15, 2011
Half and Half is a must. Its Burley and Bright Virginia. Very tasty. As I said on a different thread, a bowl of Half and Half and a glass of ice cold lemonade is heaven!

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
The Gelntleman Caller I mentioned in my earlier post strongly reminds my of the Half&Half from 30 years ago. GC is burley based with deer tongue.

many of the old "drug store" blends have a lot going for them. Sadly, so many have gone missing but there are many that have proven staying power some justly and others that leave me scratching my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.