PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckp

Might Stick Around
Nov 30, 2015
http://www.smokingpipes.com/tobacco/by-maker/cornell-diehl/bulk/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=134996
When looking at different tobaccos on this site, what is meant by it's "strength"? I understand taste and room note but how am I to interpret its strength?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I take it to mean the intensity of the taste and the level of nicotine. The "taste" category is the pleasantness of the taste, by my interpretation. But this is just free association. I'll be happy to hear how the pros define these terms. I've never heard that before.

chuckp

Might Stick Around
Nov 30, 2015
Thanks, I was hoping that it might be along the lines of the strength of the nicotine content.....

fyfol

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2015
The "taste" category is the pleasantness of the taste, by my interpretation
I've always thought the "taste" category referred to the intensity of flavor. Such as, I'd rate a full-bodied blend 4-5 out of 5, even if I didn't find it pleasant. That's my two cents :puffy:

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
"Taste" seems to me to be how full the taste is, or how strong it comes on. Strength as noted is nicotine and other psychoactive ingredients.

blackbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 13, 2015
I take it to mean the intensity of the taste and the level of nicotine. The "taste" category is the pleasantness of the taste, by my interpretation.
I agree. Strength seems to umbrella the potency of the nicotine, taste, and smell all into one. Taste/room note in regards to how pleasant/enjoyable it is.
Strength

1. The quality or state of being strong, in particular.
2. A good or beneficial quality or attribute of a person or thing.
....because I felt like being literal.

chuckp

Might Stick Around
Nov 30, 2015
I'm new here, not seeing how you guys are getting a quote into your post, it doesn't look like simple copy and paste, like this:
"And flavoring concerns the topping or casing, if there is one identified."
I'm thinking that flavoring would be part of the "taste" rating to be all inclusive of the casing or topping. Like I said, new here so IDK.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I'm new here, not seeing how you guys are getting a quote into your post, it doesn't look like simple copy and paste, like this:
"And flavoring concerns the topping or casing, if there is one identified."
One way to do it is copy text you want, go to compose box, hit "quote", paste text, hit "quote" again.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Stalin = Strong
Royal Yacht = Strong
...basically, my tobacco shopping starts at "Medium to Strong" on the TobaccoReviews.com scale these days.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Ray- You must have done something different. And sometimes the [/quote] part shows up first; that's backwards but not your fault.
Just make sure the non-slashed bracketed [quote ] one is first, and the one with the slash at the end [/quote ]

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
You got a space in the end-tag somehow. It's why often it makes sense to just type them out.

blackbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 13, 2015
Like with other things to avoid mess ups I hit enter before starting another link/url/after quote
hit the quote button

[quote*] text goes here then quote button again [/quote*] then hit enter after to go down a line.
I put the stars in to keep it from doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.