PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbates55

Might Stick Around
Jan 27, 2017
Before you all groan... "Not yet another tobacco storage question" I did do a search of the forum and couldn't find an answer to my question. So if it has been asked before, forgive me.
Here it is. I know about storing my unused tobacco in glass jars to keep it fresh, but what about 2, 3 or 4 in plastic bags in the same said jar? The reason I ask is I bought 4 one ounce samples of different types to try them out before I buy a larger amount. Will they be ok or will they flavors start to co-mingle with each other.
This is what I got:

Lane Burley-Light-Without-A-Bite Bulk......Like It

Lane HG-2000 Bulk..........................Like It

Cask 5 Bulk................................It's ok, but to dry for my taste

Lane 1-Q Bulk..............................Like it
I also bought some Half and Half & Captain Black Original which I like both of them.

bassbug

Lifer
Dec 29, 2016
Small mason type jars are cheap. Why take a chance?
When they go on sale, which is quite often, I can pick up a dozen 250 ml jars for less than $10. A 250 ml jar holds 2 ounces loosely or 3 ounces if you pack it down just a bit.

addamsruspipe

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 4, 2016
Albuquerque, NM
You will want to be careful with the aromatics. I have Chocolate Supreme that I smoked once then sealed it back up. If I just move the bag, not even open it the area will smell like chocolate. I even double bagged it. Better to keep them separate.

Status
Not open for further replies.