PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 28, 2015
So I just arrived in New Orleans for my niece's wedding. Does anyone know of any good tobacco shops in the French Quarter that I should check out?

lasttango

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2012
Wilmington, De / Ithaca, NY
There's really not. I was there more than a month ago and made a thread here... another guy made a thread a couple weeks ago.
There's no smoke shops with epic perique blends etc...
There was one place I found that actually sold a few pipe tobaccos... I wish I remembered the name... It wasn't Maya Imports, Crescent city or the tobacco exchange. It was a side street off of Bourbon... half way down... off to the right. The few locals I ran into said they got their pipe tobacco from there. The proprietor made a couple of his own blends...
There is however, an active pipe club in New Orleans. You can hook up with them through this thread.
No, there's really not a destination type tobacco shop.
If you are into cigars, there seem to be a few good places to go.
Search the forum threads. There are two fairly recent posts where someone is traveling to NO and is looking for a pipe shop...

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Mayan Imports on Magazine St. is good. They also have one location in the French Quarter on Royal St. and one in Metairie. All 3 Mayan Imports carry pipe tobacco. Is there a "Destination" pipe shop in New Orleans? Maybe not but you can say that about most major cities.
If you want a cigar check out the Cigar Factory on Decatur. They usually have one or two rollers working.

Status
Not open for further replies.