PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
I would love to see TR add date of origin to the database fields for each Blend. It would be useful in tracking possible losses from the FDA garbage.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Pease blends have that information at the top. A number of other blends have that info as well. I usually look for the earliest review to inform me as to when the blend in question might have entered the market.

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
It is hit or miss. None of the Sam Gawith or C&D blends (I looked at 10 random) have the info and only a few of the McClelland blends do that I looked over.
An indexed field would be searchable and sortable. Ah well, still a fantastic resource.

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
Doc, you can change the "Sort by" to OLDEST. The default setting at TR is "HELPFULNESS" if that helps. :)

grimpuffer

Can't Leave
Aug 29, 2016
I haven’t heard any updates on this FDA crap so I assumed they finally figured out they could sit and spin and just leave well enough alone.
I just have been ordering extra tins as I go just in case but I honestly haven’t even stressed about the FDA stuff since it went silent.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Some blends disappear "on their own", nothing to do with the FDA. And, yes, in a few years there will be casualties aplenty.
But, curious, what's the interest in a body count?

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
Not interested in a body count but would like to see if there are blends that I like that might be on the hit list. Sometimes it is not obvious from review dates.

Status
Not open for further replies.