Tobacco Journal Entry Pages Also Now For Cigars.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
Since i have had a lot of success with my Tobacco Journal Entry Pages in that they are very helpful for me and i hope for all of you as well. I have made another one for Cigars since i want to start reviewing these as well.
Tobacco Journal Entry Page (Cigars)
Tobacco Journal Entry Page (Pipe Tobacco)
Just Got these In the Mail Yesterday so expect some reviews on them shortly.

10624626_10152713624692889_4696583334249440711_n.jpg

On the Review Page being i am new to Cigars All suggestions are welcomed.
Thanks,
Smokeybear

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
I hope I don't sound like a jerk but what is the deal with these? First off, flavored cigars sound terrible and then I read they can't even go in my humidor. Yet they seem to be all the rage, with even snooty cigar sources carrying them. Am I missing something or is this just aromatics making its way to cigars. I know there have been alcohol dipped cigars in the past but these seem to be venturing off into a different territory. Again, not trying to be snooty, just honestly curious. Smokey, definitely interested to see what you think of them.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I smoked a couple Acid Cigars back when they came out.

These would definitely appeal to the Aromatics crowd.

One of them, called Toast, was actually not too bad.

However, as with pipe tobacco, Aro's are just not my thing.

When I want a "cross-over" cigar I reach for a Spectre with Latakia.
Smokey ... it's cool that you incorporated these into your spreadsheets.

My suggestion is to tape or glue the cigar band to the top of your sheet for fast ID.

I had a working cigar journal for a while and it made finding info faster.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Thanks for the feedback cobguy, that makes sense. Great idea with the band too. I'll be waiting for smokey's review. Since I like the occasional aro, perhaps these wouldn't be so bad.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
@daimyo First off your no jerk my friend you said nothing rude so no worries, Infact i am pretty much along the same lines as you. I bought these to try because i read all the hype on them, about how there are like pipe tobacco and such. Well here is a little sneak peak, Yesterday i was walking my dog and decided on a short walk so a pipe might have been too much plus i don't like piping and walking, so i brought the Blue Connecticut along. Now i dont know much about cigars other than i once smoked a Connecticut wrapped one in Florida and it was a really nice mild smoke so i expected the BC to be along the same lines. Mind you i wasn't in review mode as i was just puffing and walking but my first impressions were " this tastes like a PrimeTime on steroids" except it wasn't mild it was strong and laced my mouth with a berry like coating, like i just kissed a blueberry care bear on the ass. But i will try the others and also re smoke the BC to properly review it because thoughts can not be recorded lol.
@cobguy that is exactly why i didn't leave a space for brand or name, i was just going to tape the band right on the page. I like the whole idea of collecting bands it's like badge of honor lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.