PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

niko123

Lurker
Sep 18, 2016
I first learnt to enjoy a good pipe was in good ol' USA. Where my friend lent me his pipe and some cherokee mellow tobacco and we smoked it together while eating a good rare steak with a cold beer.
Now that I'm back in my home country Australia. I'm desperately trying to find a way to buy tobacco of American websites with international shipping and I want to be able to buy small amounts for fairly cheap. I want to know a way how do people from Australia buy tobacco from american websites and what is the maximum amount of tobacco bought to get away from paying the ridiculous tax.
Thank you very much

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
I'm pretty sure there are some members around from Australia. I looked up one guy from down under that used to post regularly but he hasn't been on line for about 7 months.
You could try searching the threads with the search word "Australia" and see what comes up. I'm currently living in Mexico City so there's not much I can do for you from here.

carver

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
Welcome on the Forum Niko,
I don't think you really need to know how Australians do it, since we kinda all do the same

1) check tobacco import regulations (eg: for me in China, it's 500g at a time)

2) decide if you're going to go "on the table" (have a customs declaration, limit yourself to Australia's limitations), or under the table (go over the limitations, don't have customs declarations and risking getting caught). FYI, here, taxes are 100%, if declared. If not declared, same + huge fine.

3) surf on one of the famous retailers websites around: smokingpipes.com (they refuse not to declare), 4noggins.com (they agree not to declare), P&C, ...

4) have them ship internationally. here, for my 500g of tobacco, and depending on tins vs bulk, I pay USD15 - USD 25 shipping. It's still cheaper than buying directly from importers in China. SP.com has several shipping formulas, price depends on service quality. USPS Super Saver International is the cheapest.

5) wait ...

107) wait a little more ...

239) finally receive your package and be very happy ... :)
Hope this helps. :wink:

carver

Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
All is said...
OUyvRJG.jpg

carver

Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
Niko, mcitinner1 has a great selection of tobacco and is truly a nice guy to deal with. He has sold allot within this forum with ALL very satisfied customers. You will be extremely pleased. Nobody will beat his prices on here!!! Good luck and enjoy.
+1 :wink:

carver

Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
I got your message and I didn't believe my eyes, so I had to do a little digging.
From the Sydney Airport Duty Free Regulations.

Tobacco Products:
If you are aged 18 years or over you can bring 50 cigarettes or 50 grams of cigars or tobacco products duty-free into Australia with you. All tobacco products in accompanied baggage are included in this category, regardless of how or where they were purchased.
50 f*** grams. One tin ... :crazy:

I CANNOT believe this. and I am so sorry for you man. I thought I was in trouble here in China.

Man, you have my sympathy.

It's going to cost you way too much money to import, if you have to buy one tin at a time.

Now, is there any tobacco importer? Australian based blends ?

niko123

Lurker
Sep 18, 2016
Australian pipe tobacco is American/English/Cuban/Indian tobacco imported on a business scale and still costs businesses lots of money to import. This makes a 50g tin of the cheapest most horrible .american tobacco a minimum of 60$ AUD which is around 47$ USD. While good quality tobacco can cost up to $150 AUD per tin. its horrendous

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I can't help but wonder if the "national health" aspect has anything to do with the high prices. After all, when "everyone is paying in", your health suddenly becomes everyone's business. Helps justify taxing "unhealthy" products out of existence, IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.