PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
The biggest hit to pipe smoking, even greater than increased taxation, would be the banning of online pipe tobacco sales. That would greatly restrict the variety of blends available at any given time to people outside of urban centres and away from B&Ms. The United States today sounds like a treasure trove of fine blends with several reliable companies catering to the national market. If that network of etailers ceased to ship across the US, you would see much less blend sampling than there is today.
With that said, I don't think Americans will ever be as poorly off as us Canadians when it comes to access to good pipe tobacco. Nor will they pay as much as we do. Marmal4de I'd encourage you to buy from smokingpipes or 4noggins while you can; patronize them and you will get so much more tobacco for a better price. Buy from the B&Ms sometimes but to stretch your dollars you're better off buying the bulk of your purchases online.
PM me if you'd like to ask any questions about my experience with etailers.

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
+1 to everything Sparroa said. Just remember, 200g (or approx. 7oz) is, in the eyes of CBSA, is one unit (aka: the maximum allowable amount for import before duties are attached); although it does seem to be a bit of a crap shoot with inspections. Canada Post WILL also ding you if you place six separate 200g orders with the same delivery address at the same tim, so yeah, keep that in mind and you can save a whack of cash ($5-$12 per 2oz bulk or tin). I've had good experiences with 4noggins, Sterling Tobbaco, and smokingpipes.com, placed an order with the Lil Brown Smoke shop yesterday, but can't comment on the service yet.
Also, shoot me a PM (goes for you too Sparroa, and any other Canadians who might be interested), perhaps we can set up an exchange - I've got in the vicinity of a dozen different blends on the go right now, with another dozen on order, I'm sure we can build you a bit of a sampler out of that.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
Good point, schmitzbitz - and thanks for the offer.
Let me repeat: don't place multiple orders at one time.
Stretch it out a little bit. When one arrives, order a new one immediately, or something to that effect if you want a steady supply. Or simply wait a week or so to stagger your shipments so that they will not arouse as much suspicion. It shouldn't take long for your package to arrive, be patient.

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
I don't know, there aren't any B&Ms in my region. I'd wager a pretty penny that it's a lot more than the $15/100g you'd pay online.

Status
Not open for further replies.