PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
Hmmmm... not sure about this one. Still, I'm a sucker for new foods and drinks so I would at least try it.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/anneli-rufus/tobacco-now-its-in-ice-cr_b_3853685.html

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
I agree, it does not sound appealing. I have a serious problem though and will always try a new food or drink. I recently tried a soda made from bird spit and white fungus slime. The worst part is, it was delicious.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
Our local sushi restaurant serves green tea ice cream, and it tastes pretty good. To me it seemed 99% vanilla ice cream with a bit of green tea flavor. I imagine these exotic ice creams are similar.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Methinks these folks try too hard. Maybe a nice milk shake and then a good bowl of

burley/Va non-aro blend.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
This thread reminded me of a trip to Japan I made when working for Toyota. Finished a dinner one night and was presented with dessert....fish flavored ice cream. 8O Tobacco ice cream is looking pretty good after remembering that taste!

easterntraveler

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 29, 2012
"Sounds like a bitch to keep lit"
The best response I have ever read. Even though it is ice cream it is probably similar in tobacco taste minus the alcohol. By the way tobacco flavored vodka is really yummy.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ndyfLIE_74M

toby67

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2014
Australia
Speaking of Japanese restaurants, last time I went was some years ago and the dessert was Deep Fried Ice Cream. They must have frozen the ice cream really well before its short deep frying in very hot oil.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
L wandered into an old ice cream parlor today and low and behold: Tobacco ice cream! I gave it a try, and hey, it wasn't so bad after all. Even though it's not the absolute greatest tasting ice cream flavor of all time, I'll certainly order it again.
If you get the chance, go for it. Even if it's just to see the look on people's faces when you tell them!

Status
Not open for further replies.