PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

micdabutcher

Might Stick Around
Jun 20, 2013
Australia
I was given an old pipe that has been in the family last year. I had a bad experience with the Amphora I used, tongue bite, gurgling etc, but it was all I could get locally. I got it right a couple of times though and I am determined to keep at it as I did enjoy the experience. I am more than open to suggestions for my next smoke but here are my 3 choices. Dunhill London mixture, Dunhill Early Morning and perhaps Gawith Hoggarth's Bob's Chocolate Flake. It's not cheap to buy from overseas when you are in Australia, so I hope I get close right off the bat. Is 4noggins a good place to purchase from? What do you think? All advice greatly appreciated.

plank46

Lurker
May 31, 2013
Hi mic

I have not tried 4 noggins all though I will be on my next order. I have used Milan tobacco and they are great with prices and customer service.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Welcome to the pipe and the forum.
I have used 4Noggins and plan to do so again. The guys who buy from them who aren't in the US have been very pleased, according to the posts I see.
If you do buy from 4Noggins, you will have lots of choices. Personally, I am not a Dunhill fan, but lots of guys like 'em. Haven't smoked the Bob's Chocolate. You might want to check out some of their bulk offerings; their own 4Noggins line has gotten some nice comments, and so have John Patton's blends. Maybe try a sampler?
Good luck in your explorations.

dlattim

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
+1 for 4noggins. I've used them several times and never been let down. The orders I have placed from them always arrive in a couple of days. I prefer Dunhill's Royal Yacht. My daily smoke.

micdabutcher

Might Stick Around
Jun 20, 2013
Australia
Thanks for the feedback everyone. I would love to buy the bulk from 4 Noggins. Unfortunately, the homework so far suggests that Aussie Customs officers will size the bulk and charge a squillion dollars to have it treated etc. Apparently you have a better chance of avoiding this if you only get in tins and limit it to no more than 5 at a time.

auspipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2012
Australia
Hey Mic and welcome to the forums. I am also Australian and have placed about 8 orders with 4noggins, never had a problem. I usually order about 250-300grams at a time.
I have ordered bulk twice, along with tins in the same order, and it has been absolutely fine. I also requested a small sample of Bald Headed Teacher on my last order and Rich kindly gave a 10gram sample for free with my order.
4noggins is definitely the best provider those who live international

Status
Not open for further replies.