PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

jankomatic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 12, 2010
Tampa, FL
Well I got the last shipment of tobacco in today. My allowance has been spent for another week. Trying to figure out which one to open first, I have never tried any of the 5 pictured here.
20110518Acq.jpg

sirbogglesworth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 20, 2011
You can't go wrong with any of those pictured, great buys!

If it were me, I would start off with the G.L., just because I've never had that one, but that's just me :D

Enjoy! :puffy:

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I'd go for Hal O'the Wynd and Escudo in that order. (Never had Mississippi Mud or Haddo's.)

Plumcake would be last, but still very good: a slight Latakia note and a tantalizing hint of liqueur.

jankomatic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 12, 2010
Tampa, FL
I opened Hal o the Wynd first. Not much fragrance to it and seemed kinda bland at first, but when I got a bit more than halfway through the bowl it changed like some cigars do. It seemed to get stronger, not taste wise, maybe nicotine wise? I can't exactly explain what the last bit tasted like to me, it smelled kinda like Playdoh or that is what it reminded me of, kinda a salty taste.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Go for the Haddos Delight. I can only smoke it once in a while due to its strength giving me the nic ups, but it is, without a doubt, one of the finest tobaccos I have ever smoked. Actually, now that I think about it, my nic tolerance has gone up a bit over the years. I may have to spring for a tin of Haddos and see if it still give me the nic ups.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Beautiful! I've yet to try and of those yet myself, but I do have a tin of Hal O the Wynd I have not opened yet. :puffy:

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
I'd say the Plumcake or Mississippi Mud... A little age will do the other good. IMO Mississippi Mud gets better after it has been exposed to a little air and then put away for a few weeks, it kind of knocks off the rough edge if you know what I mean.
Escudo is really good but if you can let the tin age a year or two it becomes really great… that is IMO anyway.
It's all good stuff so you can't go wrong no matter what you do... :D

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
Like my dad used to tell me when I was a young man, "Now don't smoke it all at once or you'll go blind...." Oh, wait never mind, that was about something else. Anyway, I'd go with the Mud first. :puffpipe:

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
Ahh, you are in for a real treat with the Escudo! I remember my first time. I didn't know whether to smoke them or eat them. Delish! Break up the gorgeous lil disks or simply stuff em in, but pack it loosely. You can always tamper down later in the smoke, once things get rolling. Yum yum...

Status
Not open for further replies.