PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

plet

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 23, 2012
Denmark
Hello everyone,
Let me know if you know a whiskey flavored tobacco where the whiskey really comes through, maybe even with a sweet note to it.
Preferable if you have any recommendations from European brands;as its almost impossible to get hold of tobacco outside of the EU.
...if its also in flake or plug form that would just make it even better, but not a requirement. :puffy:
Thanks
Happy puffing

briarbird

Can't Leave
Dec 7, 2011
Hey Plet, I just tried Sutliff's Private Stock "Top Shelf." It is a bourbon flavored tobacco, and I really thought that the bourbon flavoring was extremely prominent and it was excellent! :puffy:

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
Hello plet. You might try one of the Esoterica blends called Pembroke. It's exactly like Margate, mostly

Oreintal and Latakia, but with Cognac. Although not a whiskey, it is married up wonderfully and has a

Whiskey taste and smell to it. I love it!

slownumbers39

Can't Leave
Jul 29, 2012
I just tried Sutliff's Private Stock "Top Shelf." It is a bourbon flavored tobacco, and I really thought that the bourbon flavoring was extremely prominent and it was excellent!
As a bourbon drinker, I find this kind of interesting and may have to try to locate some Sutliff's Private Stock "Top Shelf" and give it a test run.

docrx

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 9, 2011
You can try to take your favorite tobacco and spraying it with a mist of your favorite whiskey.Experiment until you get the right topping you like.

plet

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 23, 2012
Denmark
TopD Cognac sounds really nice! I will see if I can find it :)
rothnh I will look into those as well.
Keep em' coming

docrx

Jan 9, 2011
Spray then let it dry before smoking Plet.Others here have used this method.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
If you like cognac then you won't do better than Rattray's Bagpiper's Dream. It's my #1 in the rotation and you won't be sorry that you bought it. Also C&D's USS Mason is a great blend with brandy. Probably #3 in my rotation.

plet

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 23, 2012
Denmark
docrx I'll give it a try!!
papipeguy I know my local dealer has Rattray's so I'll look for it.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Peterson Irish Whiskey 50g tin, Price: £10.88 (Including Vat at 20%), "A mild blend of orange and mahogany virginia tobaccos with aromatic Thailand Burley and fired Kentucky leaf, lightly flavoured."

Borkum Riff Bourbon Whiskey 50g Price per 50g pouch £10.96 (Including Vat at 20%)
IIRC I had some of the Peterson a few years back. Although not my cuppa, it was miles better than any blend Borkum Riff ever dreamed of making.

scurvydog

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 23, 2012
C&D pennington gap is bourbon enhnaced, I don't like it much, I may try trading it. The tin smells fantastic but....

sparroa

Lifer
Dec 8, 2010
You got that right scurvydog. Smells amazing but it was not to my tastes at the time...
Did you find Pennington Gap strong? I've probably built my tolerance since then but it hit me HARD over a year ago.

Aug 1, 2012
I gotta disagree on the Borkum Riff having a strong whiskey taste. To me it didn't taste much like whiskey but it tasted a lot like poo. I would also steer clear of the Stokkebye whiskey tobacco.
BTW, if you want to try either of these, I will be happy to send you some. Just PM me and they are yours.

doctorthoss

Oct 6, 2011
There's only two I care for, but I absolutely love them both: C&D's Pennington Gap and GL Pease's Sextant.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
I'm not sure if it is what you had in mind but CAO Moontrance and Dan Tobacco Blue Note have the tin note Exotic Fruit + Bourbon Vanilla.

Status
Not open for further replies.