Tobacco Cellar Tops 100 Pounds, Now What?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
Well my cellar has now topped the 100 pound mark thanks to the SPC bulk sale and the 100 pound total was my goal and then I would stop. I also now have 20 various pipes with many cobs not included in the total.
My problem is now I am having an anxiety attack. The thought of stopping my tobacco cellaring has me in fear, how do I stop, please I need your help here. I still have a year before I retire and I should have enough for a lifetime but I can't seem to stop. So many blends and so little time, a conundrum to say the least.
Should I cut the credit cards up or go until I get myself on the most cellared list on TobaccoCellar, and then what.
I am at a loss here, please help.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
I wish I could help. But your situation reminds me of the drunk trying to find sobriety at the local bar.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
Easy....start smokin' brother....start smokin'! :D
Seriously though, keep cellaring new blends if you wish. Aged tobacco will not be hard to sell in the future if you feel you have a surplus. :puffy:

fmgee

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2014
How about a goal of trying to empty your cellar one bowl at a time?

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Oh, go ahead and buy more. Lots more. Lots, lots more. Peck and Harris will show you how. They know the way! :puffy:

jmill208

Lifer
Dec 8, 2013
Maryland USA
Sounds like a pretty good problem to have!
Maybe you should try to just ease the purchasing to stay in line with your current consumption. Only buy to replace your used stock until you retire. Win-win. :puffy:

rx2man

May 25, 2012
I dont know what 100 pounds of baccy looks like. I maybe have 10 and my wife is already asking when I am going to stop. Poor thing, she has no clue.......or maybe she does. If you got all of lifes other issues sorted out and have the extra money then keep buying. As jkrug said it will not be hard to sell if you decide to!!!! Call it a retirement plan.

framitz

Can't Leave
Oct 25, 2013
I am approaching age 77 and have more than Ivan use! But there is always something new or i have not tried. Therefore I replace favorites and add one new with any tobacco order. Now

As to pipes I have problems!, Shel

maxx

Apr 10, 2015
An idea would be to to buy a tin of something you haven't tried for each tin you smoke. Imagine how many new blends that would be!

escioe

Oct 31, 2013
Stop spending and start smoking. Start enjoying what you've built.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
The ground of a certain rich man brought forth abundantly. He reasoned within himself, saying, 'What will I do, because I don't have room to store my crops?' He said, 'This is what I will do. I will pull down my barns, and build bigger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods. I will tell my soul, "Soul, you have many goods laid up for many years. Take your ease, eat, drink, be merry."'
"But God said to him, 'You foolish one, tonight your soul is required of you. The things which you have prepared—whose will they be?' So is he who lays up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God."

— Luke 12:16-21
You don't have to be religious to see the wisdom. Start smoking, Zito.

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
Back in the 1700's and early 1800's the aristocrats measured their wealth according to how much snuff they owned. There were actually rooms and closets filled to capacity with snuff. Why should we not do the same with pipe tobacco??? Albeit I am nothing of an aristocrat or one of means, but it doesn't stop me from filling my dreams of pipe tobacco wealth. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.