PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

pipesicle

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 31, 2012
S.E.Iowa
Hey does anyone have a cure for tobacco breath. My wife won't even kiss me goodnight after I smoke my pipe. And yes before you ask, I do brush my teeth. But not much seems to help. :oops:

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Sipping a glass or two of water is the only thing that's helped me.
Others will recommend some sort of mouth wash. Biotene I think?
Brushing after a bowl hurts my tongue. Dunno how you do it.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
I have to admit, I am a little worried about having brown teeth in 10 years, so I actually have a whole regimen before going to bed. I first do a quick regular brushing. Then I use a sonic care brush. Then I use Listerine.
Old fashioned, full strength Listerine seems the best for tobacco breath.
I also have a sonic breeze (like a water pik) which honestly, is one of the best things for bad breath. If you use this, do it first before all the rest.
Depending on the day, I use some or all of the above. May seem like overkill, but the whole process (if I do everything) only takes about 6-8 mins. Good luck! :)

kennyjo

Might Stick Around
Feb 20, 2012
If you want to remove that smell, I strongly recommend using mouth wash.

Or a product from Listerine called "pocketpaks"....
The pocketpaks was what I used in the past to remove my cigarette smell in my mouth so that my mother don't know I smoked...

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
@spartan - I should have called it "oral breeze" (got the name mixed up). It's affordable and does a better job than water pik. Highly recommended.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Rinse your mouth with 50/50 water and peroxide (the 3% solution). Then brush, floss and use Listerine. I do this before bed every night. No complaints about breath and never a bad dental checkup. Then hit the shower and you're good.

rlunderhill

Can't Leave
Jan 10, 2012
When you brush your teeth, be sure to brush your tongue and the top of your mouth between your top teeth. Then use mouthwash. This also saves on oral cancer.Your tongue should be pink. No strange colors.

topd

Lifer
Mar 23, 2012
Emerson, Arkansas
I must have the most understanding wife ever.... June has never complained. The dentist suggests three times,

but I brush at least twice a day to stave off stains... and after 40 years of it... it's working. I'm with baron

on peroxide.... get the drug store 3% solution. Also with rlunderhill on brushing all over inside.

Use a pleasant underarm deodorant and aftershave. I use Old Spice.

Also some scotch or bourbon before bed.... It helps in several ways.

I usually fire up my pipe in bed, but it's all fresh and new then!

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
I think the problem is that the smell doesn't just come from the mouth. My girlfriend likes me to take a shower and brush my teeth. Not every night but the good nights are worth it if you catch my drift. :D

kennerth

Can't Leave
Jul 30, 2011
Biotene PBF Mouth Rinse works great for me. The dry mouth one works well too. You can feel the tastes and smell are mostly gone (in your mouth). Face, beard, hands and arms are another matter!

morlader

Can't Leave
Mar 2, 2011
Cornwall UK
I suppose I could always take my teeth out ( I got full set apart from one on the bottom ) and spray them with de-odorant :rofl:
Tom

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Time to get a new wifey that embrases the newfound manliness you have discovered.

Status
Not open for further replies.