Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Renowned Tobacco Blender and PipesMagazine.com Contributing writer, Russ Ouellette will be our featured interview on this week's (January 16, 2014) Pipes Magazine Radio Show.
russ-ouellette.jpg

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I hope the interview lets loose and really has some fun with this one.
I like listening to a conversation about a topic (even if it's all over the place) rather than the standard interview.
Now if everyone had a niiiiiice 3 fingers of bourbon before the show... The funny will flow.
Hell, that should be a separate segment all on it's on. 'Bourbon Babble' you can call it. Drinking and talking for an undetermined amount of time.
It'll be beautiful.
Looking forward to hear it Brian. ;)
P.S. That's not to say I don't enjoy the show as it is, i do! I just feel like it could flow a bit better. Although I've got no helpful way to make that happen besides the bourbon bit. Keep killin' it.

morton

Part of the Furniture Now
May 3, 2012
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
In honor of the occasion, I shall pour a solid three fingers of Bushmill's single malt Irish Whiskey and fire up a bowl of Peterson's Irish Whiskey while listening. I do have a question, however. What the heck is Liver Twist and is it dangerous?

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I knew he drank during... I just wish he drank more. :mrgreen:
Not all the time. Just every once in a while. Haha.
Also, will Russ be doing the show in person mono y mono? Or will this be over the phone?
Is the recording equipment portable enough for Brian to hop on a plane to go where he's needed?
Or is all that not financially feasible at the moment?
Why the hell do I have so many questions all of a sudden?

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Even when I'm right in front of you, I'm still pre-recorded, so a live broadcast would never work. In fact, I'm on an endless loop...endless loop...endless loop...
Russ

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
I'm trying to keep an open mind about this one. For some reason, every Oullette bend I've tried has been a disappointment. It must just be me and my palate, since he clearly has fans. I'll be interested to hear what he has to say about his blending process and tobacco choices.
Bob

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Also, will Russ be doing the show in person mono y mono?
Dang - I've been listening to it in stereo all this time. :wink:
Catching up on the last 2 shows currently - will have to listen to this one tomorrow afternoon with some Victorian Stroll or House of Lords.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
Actually Phred, I believe "mono y mono" is Spanish for "monkey and monkey", so Spartan wasn't too far off after all.

dragonslayer

Lifer
Dec 28, 2012
Pittsburgh
I'm excited about this show! I hope to hear something about the history of AK being a "fortunate accident", not to mention the AK revolution :puffy: I have 2 ounce jar that's been ageing for well over four years. There's a four inch monolith sticking up in the middle (think 2001: A Space Odyssey) that's turned black surrounded by deep maroon cake. This is the perfect occasion to break open the jar and feasting on a chunk. This is one of the best ageing Vapers IMO, and recommend ageing this a year for an outstanding smoke.
Sorry for the plug :clap:
With all the jobs on Russ's shoulders he still takes the time to be very active in the social community, from articles, forums, Emails and even FB. Let it rip Russ, with 25 years of blending this should be an interesting history for us all. :worship:
Craig

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
I love Russ's blends. And it's great to have a blender such an active member of the forum. He goes out of his way (and out of his job description) for P&C/CI and the customers (both reasonable and unreasonable).

Status
Not open for further replies.