PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipeanddrum

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2016
I'm trying very hard to keep a positive outlook regarding the impending FDA regulations and am hoping for the best. But, with the selection of my favorite tobaccos dwindling at my go-to online stockists (as we all stock our cellars), the panic is starting to set in. I've recently become a huge fan of plug tobacco including Peterson's 3P's, Jack Knife Plug, Mick McQuaid, Warrior Plug, and Revor Plug. With the recent news that the latter 3 of these UK tobaccos will soon be discontinued coupled with the possibility that the former 2 may be unavailable thanks to the FDA, I'm writing to ask - which pre-2007 plugs will be grandfathered in and remain on the market?

kanse

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2016
Most of the famous plugs, including GL Pease ones, will not be grandfathered.

I could only find one which will remain untouched, Wessex Gold Brick.
There are some Gawith plugs as well, but they are not being actively imported to US as far as I know.

pipeanddrum

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2016
@ pilotage - It might have been discontinued already but I just purchased some from the James Fox website. Such a great tobacco. Sad indeed.

pipeanddrum

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2016
@peckinpahhombre - That might have been my misunderstanding. I'm a victim of a self induced panic.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
This may leave Warhorse the last plug standing.
I have a few plugs headed my way, including a Revor 5 pack, courtesy of friends here and there. I haven't had the opportunity to smoke what I already have since I'm smoking down jarred tins first.

jon11

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2013
Just got 3Ps back at SP.....order some and stop panicking

Status
Not open for further replies.