PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
Another thread dealing with a company checking nicotine levels of their workers for insurance purposes, got me thinking - it's chilling to think this is what we've come to as a society. Testing for legalized substances. Corporate culture takeover of our private lives under the guise of insurance purposes. It wouldn't surprise me if we're being monitored even now on tobacco sites like this. Call me paranoid, but I've been thinking lately that this whole internet thing (browser history, key strokes, your IP address, what forums you belong to, trigger words like "tobacco", Facebook usage, google searches, etc.) - altho originally developed to facilitate communication, I'm beginning to see that the whole internet thing is actually a giant monitoring trap for tracking human behavior. Every key stroke, your entire internet history appended to your IP address which in turn is appended to your social security number to micro-classify you for national security risk reasons and now being used by the human resource departments of our corporate world to track and monitor their workers under the guise of insurance reasons. Again monitoring workers for legal substances like nicotine has crossed the line in the sand. If your plugged into the grid of the internet you're being monitored. Be careful what you type. The internet is forever and is searchable and traceable. Thoughts?

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
How the Insurer Knows You Just Stocked Up on Ice Cream and Beer
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323384604578326151014237898.html?mod=googlenews_wsj
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te6qG4yn-Ps

wnghanglow

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2012
I am okay with paying more for insurance since I smoke, I know my risk of oral cancer is higher just because I chose this hobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.