PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmjabsky

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 3, 2015
I'm intrigued by flavors that go together to make something even better. Tonight, I had Dunhill EMP with a Hershey bar with almonds...knocked my socks off!
I like Carter Hall and black coffee, wheat beer and donuts, blueberries and bacon. What combo's do it for you?

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I like Carter Hall and black coffee
Burley blends with black coffee are my favorite morning smoke.
C&D Big N' Burley is highly recommended for this! :puffy:

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
Don't care for burley or black coffee. The only way I can drink the stuff is with lots of cream. French Market coffee with chickory and half hot milk is my favorite. I also can't recall ever eating or drinking and smoking a pipe at the same time. Eat before, drink after. So I never found any combos. Sometimes after a meal I crave for Nightcap, sometimes DNR and sometimes 1931 (those are the only 3 blends I smoke at present) but damned if I can put my finger on a pattern.

tinsel

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
Tea, earl grey, hot, with OGS
Iced tea, unsweetened, with Dunhill Flake
Black Coffee with just about any tobacco. At work in the morning while drinking coffee I'm usually smoking LNF and it pairs up pretty well.
Chicken and waffles.
Reese's PB cups and Beer. I'm not kidding. Do yourself a favor and shove a whole reese's cup in your mouth, chew, swallow, chase with just about any beer. It's magical.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I used to drink coffee all day. I've got 'stomach' issues and realized that this wasn't conducive to my well being and now I try to limit my coffee to a couple of cups in the a.m. and drink herbal tea the rest of the time or water.

Amazingly, reducing my coffee has allowed for my taste buds to be more available to tobacco tastes.

Burley and coffee to wake up is how I greet most days. Bold, clean tastes. Yum.

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever eaten anything alongside a live pipe! Hmmmmmmm... maybe must try. I happen to have some utterly splendid very dark Belgian chocolate from my daughter, the professional pastry chef, that would maybe be the cat's pajamas with tobacco!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like good percolator coffee, quality chocolate, and various pipe blends so much, I'm not sure I have the acuity to mix them. I was once extolling the wonders of stove top percolator coffee, and a Forums member responded saying, "Dad, is that you?"

ahmadothman

Apr 26, 2016
Egypt
I have a simple rule of thumbs.. Complement the baccy with something that will accentuate its natural flavours.. So sweet baccy gets something bitter or sour.. like Orange juice or Citrus.. Heavy Latakia gets something strong and sweet.. Maybe chocolate... and so on.. And let's not forget about teas..

owlf

Lurker
Jul 26, 2016
In all my years experience (close to three whole years now! Haha) I have never found two flavors so attuned to one another and so complementary of each other as chanterelle mushrooms and a nice bowl of baccy. Choose your favorite wine (I prefer a darker red) and sautee a batch in it with some butter and garlic and you've got yourself an exemplary meal. Add that with a bowl of your favorite blend and you've got something a whole lot more extraordinary.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
I do not nor would not smoke and eat at the same time - yuck!
Conversely, a well paired beverage can certainly enhance the smoke. I've never put much thought into it but I know a few times I've noticed the deliciousness of the combination. I'd say hot chocolate or chai go well white Lats or Burleys. Straight black tea or an Earl Grey pair well. I remember enjoying orange juice with EMP as the first bowl of the day.

tinsel

Oct 23, 2015
Luxury Navy Flake and Folgers coffee, black

Orlik Golden Sliced and Earl Grey tea, hot

Dunhill Flake and unsweetened iced tea

Blackwoods Flake and Basil Hayden's

JackKnife Plug and Jim Beam
Oops ... just realized I had already posted in this thread :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.