(20 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by Perique
  • Latest reply from lostandfound
  1. sothron

Perique

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

May they never meet. Kidding......

Seriously though, Mother's Day came and went and it occurred to me how lucky I am that Mrs Perique enjoys the aroma of a good pipe tobacco and is 100% supportive of my passion. She's actually said to me that a house doesn't smell quite right without the lingering aroma of a good pipe tobacco. Granted, she's fairly old school for a modern lady.

Ironically, Perique tends to make her sneeze. So I try to choose my bowls carefully when we are together. When we're not in the same room, however, it's a VaPer extravaganza. She likes my burleys and aromatic English blends and the occasional aro that I smoke. So even though she won't see this, I tip my beverage back in salute to the women in our lives who enjoy our hobby (albeit often second hand) with us and support our passions. Lord knows they have theirs, and I try to repay the support. (Which is why I have too any damned horses and a new line of sheep)

Hats off to all those with supportive spouses / girlfriends / lovers / etc.

Posted 5 years ago #
  2. peckinpahhombre

peckinpahhombre

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

May they never meet

People often say LOL, but I actually did laugh out loud

Posted 5 years ago #
  3. andrew

Andy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Very true.....

Posted 5 years ago #
  4. sothron

Perique

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

This thread has taken an unintended turn

Posted 5 years ago #
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

wilson

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Hey, if my wife and my girlfriend go shopping together, that leaves me time alone to smoke my pipe.

Posted 5 years ago #
  6. edgreen

edgreen

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

My wife has been so supportive of my new passion. Even at a time when my paychecks are much smaller due to retirement. Even at a time when she herself was quitting smoking cigarettes. Even at a time she was getting used to me being home all the time. And I mean , ALL THE TIME. I have a disability that keeps me from riding in a car comfortably, or stand for long, or walk more than a few dozen yards. Not only has she been supportive but actually seems thrilled by my being home with her and by my pipe smoking. She still surprises me after 40 years.

Tobacco's a musician.And in a pipe delighteth;It descends in a close,Through the organ of the nose, With a relish that inviteth.
    Barten Holiday
    Posted 5 years ago #
  7. peckinpahhombre

peckinpahhombre

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Ed, it sounds like you have a real keeper there. You are a lucky man.

Posted 5 years ago #
  8. tbradsim1

tbradsim1

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Ed you are a lucky man, wife that is supportive like that is a rare thing, let us know if a few pipes and tobbaco would help.

The Old Cajun
    Posted 5 years ago #
  9. petes03

petes03

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

+1 to great wives! I've got one myself!

Posted 5 years ago #
  10. dottiewarden

dottiewarden

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

+1 to great wives! I've got one myself!

Make that +2

Dot
    Posted 5 years ago #
  11. dhizzy

dhizzy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I am also very appreciative of my wife as she encourages my pipe smoking and also doesn't nag when I throw in an occasional chew. She mandates that I go to the a pipe show every year and looks for things to bring home that feature pipes or pipe smoking. Think gnomes, paintings, books, etc.

So here's to you Perique and your bride. I'm in the same boat and it just don't get no better than this!

By the eternal! There is a man whose form should be cast in deathless bronze and the statue placed in every college in the land. It is not book-learning young men need, nor instruction about this and that, but a stiffening of the vertebrae which will cause them to be loyal to a trust, to act promptly, concentrate their energies; do the thing - "carry a message to Garcia!" Elbert Hubbard "A Message to Garcia" 1899
    Posted 5 years ago #
  12. ssjones

ssjones

Mod

Login to Send PM

A member in the Winchester Pipe Club recently posted this on Facebook.

Al

Posted 5 years ago #
  13. anglesey

anglesey

Login to Send PM

May they never meet indeed! Unfortunately Her Britannic Majesty's Navy has deemed that particular toast to be 'inappropriate in the modern world', so I'm glad to read it here!

Posted 5 years ago #
  14. sailorjeremy

sailorjeremy

Login to Send PM

I sent my wife a pic of a pipe that I'm looking at on Ebay and she says "Oooo... That one is mine! I'll let you smoke it, but it's mine because it's pretty." Damn I love that woman!

~ Jeremy "Doc"

"This is not recreation, this is therapy. This is essential... I consider the tobacco I put in my pipe all the grief and suffering. And I will burn it.”- US Navy Chaplain (RET) A.P. Sholtes
    Posted 5 years ago #
  15. dryseason91

dryseason91

Login to Send PM

Yesterday my GF complimented the smell of vanilla coming off me after I'd smoked a bowl of Westminster. Whatever works!

Tenants of the house,
    Thoughts of a dry brain in a dry season.
    - 'Gerontion'
    Posted 5 years ago #
  16. rmbittner

rmbittner

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

dryseason:

There must be several different Westminsters out there. The one I love (GLPease) would only smell like vanilla if that vanilla had been left to cook overnight in the midst of a raging forest fire.

Bob

Posted 5 years ago #
  17. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

The Saturday toast is - well, was, darn political correctness - to "Our wifes and sweethearts (may they never meet)". It has been replaced by "Our families".

Posted 5 years ago #
  18. kanaka95

kanaka95

Login to Send PM

To all the wife's much thanks for standing by our side.My wife is fortunately supportive of my briar and baccy habits.I'm forever grateful for her.Much thanks to all the brothers of the briar as well.keep puffin on.

The constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people,it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government-less it come to dominate our likes and interest.God bless america.(patrick henry)
    Posted 5 years ago #
  19. 12pups

12pups

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Thank you, SSJones. Needed that right now.

And thank god I annoy her in so many other ways. Pipe is so far down on the list, she might not ever get to that one.

A man who has not passed through the inferno of his passions has never overcome them. -- Carl Jung
    Posted 5 years ago #
  20. lostandfound

lostandfound

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Yep. I had me a couple chuckles at this thread's expense. That comic strip is priceless.

Jerod
    Posted 5 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   jojoc, railman, jdhowe75, laniromee, alaskanpiper, ray47, supdog, oldgeezersmoker, donjgiles, cachimbero