PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
Assuming the high bidder on this pipe is a forum member, I would first like to say congratulations on winning a fairly rare specimen, especially one that looks as good as this pipe does. Owning a pipe like this one is mostly a very good thing. There is, however, one hitch. In my experience the gap between the button end of the metal tenon and the stem itself seems to be a magnet for fibers from pipe cleaners. The fibers just seem to love catching there and nearly completely obstructing the airway, even after just a couple of passes with a cleaner. I never seem to be able to blow them out. The trick is to work the end of a paperclip into the gap and pop out the clumped fibers. Of course, this means that running a cleaner through the airway mid-smoke still risks blocking the airway at precisely the time the paperclip trick is not all that helpful. Still, as long as you are aware of this design/manufacturing issue and act accordingly, you should be in for years of great smokes with your new pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.