PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxsmoke

Might Stick Around
Jan 30, 2019
So I ordered a $90 tin of frog morton cellar and I am trying to decide if I should open the tin and give it a smoke? Or should I leave it unopened until the thing is aged and worth a crapload ? I have never tried FMC so at this point I “don’t know what I am missing “.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Open it. It’s a mellow blend to begin with, aging it will just make it that much weaker and you never know what life has in store, just like I ended a post in another thread just a second ago, smoke what you like now because you may not have the chance tomorrow. And I gotta say, wow! $90 for a tin of Frog Morton Cellar, I never thought I’d see the day. They were about $12 a tin when I was buying them. It’s amazing what obscurity can do for the price of a blend.

morgansteele

Can't Leave
Mar 23, 2018
This is a question that may be posed to multiple interests: cars, scotch, pipe tobacco, etc.

1. If you consider yourself a caretaker for some rich person's pleasure in the future, then so be it.

2. For me: Drive it, drink it, smoke it. You can't take it with you.
Your mileage may vary.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I can relate, ashdigger, I sold off two 100 gram tins of Frog Morton Across the Pond for $8 a pop just days before it was announced that McClelland had run out of Syrian Latakia and of course the price for those tins sky rocketed. Oh well, never thought that the Syrian was well represented in that blend anyway, I think 3 Oaks Syrian did a much better job of that

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
As you smoke it, blow each puff into a jar, which you can then seal and sell on eBay for $10.
Just remember, you are selling the "collectable" Smucker's jelly jar for that amount, not the deadly second hand smoke that happens to be contained within.
You can also make a video showing yourself enjoying the rare treat, which you can then rent to lesser pipe smokers to watch while they smoke sawdust and pretend to have the goods.
Between those two income streams, you may accrue enough capital to score some Half & Half after the FDA deeming deadline is reached.
Seriously, though. I hope you enjoy it! :nana:
jay-roger.jpg

smokeyweb

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 29, 2013
Nothing more depressing than clearing out a dead man’s cellar and seeing all those “special occasion” smokes that were never brought to fruition... Carpe Diem!

litup

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2015
Sacramento, CA
Nothing more depressing than clearing out a dead man’s cellar and seeing all those “special occasion” smokes that were never brought to fruition... Carpe Diem!"
Amen to that. I've never actually done that, but it has the ring of truth to it.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
I am with these guys .. smoke it, drink it, eat it, whatever. A few years ago I had a car accident that was almost fatal, so I have decided that if I can afford to buy a delicacy, an expensive drink, a good blend of pipe tobacco or a good cigar, I might as well enjoy it. If I can't afford it, well such is life sometimes, but if I can why not? Life is too short to cheat yourself out of the little pleasures, and they don't necessarily have to be expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.