PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
Ok its 32C or 89.6F (for my American friends). How do folks in the south stand these temps? Although I'm not a big fan of winter, you can always put on more clothes if your cold but when your to hot, you can only take off so many clothes before the neighbours get sick.

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
When I moved to the south from the north it took a few years but I eventually adjusted to it.Anything over 90 degrees still seems pretty hot though.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I honestly love it and miss it. I swear I could live in India or Africa...love love love the heat. So what the hell am I doing in Nova Scotia? 10 degrees celsius here this morning.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
89 Degrees F. here in eastern Pa today. I took my MGB to a local car show. Black car with black interior and the top down. Felt great at 50 mph and not so great at stop lights; of which there were too many.

On a more positive note we replace our 2 furnaces and central air units on Thursday and Friday last week. Just in time for this heat. Dodged that bullet.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
27C(81F) in Hottawa today, not including the humidity. (91F with the humidity, I guess we'll include that today) I've been working in my basement workshop, which usually stays cooler all summer, so it's a good excuse to get some work done and work on the reverse tan.
Not a fan of the heat, but I'll take it over winter any day.

riptide

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 27, 2010
Colorado
Its Cool here I Colorado Springs Today only 73 Yesterday was in the upper 90's with no wind. I wonder what the temps will be in D.C. for the next 3 weeks I fly out tomorrow.

jwp159

Can't Leave
Jan 1, 2010
90 F and humid here in NC today. How do we stand it? Burly and Cold Beer. :puffy:

mlaug

Part of the Furniture Now
May 23, 2010
Iowa
I was going to say "lowered expectations of comfort" but Lawrence pretty much covered it.

profpar

Can't Leave
Dec 8, 2011
Buford, Georgia
You get acclimated to warmer temperatures. Many years ago when I moved to GA from upstate NY a 305 K. (32 C) temperature would have seemed unbearingly hot. Now it's a normal early summer temperature. (It gets hotter than that).

Status
Not open for further replies.