PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhpdrew

Can't Leave
Oct 8, 2010
Washington State
... to get the ax....

Went into work this morning and found out my entire section (18 total employees and 6 admin staff) is being let go. Tomorrow is our last day "in house". We're being paid though the middle of the month at least...
ETA: This should have gone in the general forum. Sorry.

ETA2: Poor use of post 106 as well. :|

menckenite

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
Sorry to hear, especially during the holidays. We lost over 51 people a few months ago, several last month, and the dark shadow of the axe is still in the air.
Try to keep your chin up or else your lose your ash.
I wish you all the best.

joebig

Lurker
Nov 30, 2010
I'm sorry to hear that. I know companies that need to downsize need to do it before their fiscal year is over but it's a very bad time!!!

midniteryder

Lurker
Aug 3, 2009
That is really a bummer, I could only imagine how that would make you feel at Christmas time. Keep the faith and something else will pop!!

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Sorry to hear that Andrew. Good luck on getting something new and I hope the day comes soon when you look back at this and say it was all for the better. Sometimes things happen for a reason. They seem real crappy at first, but then somewhere down the road you are happy it came to be.

hilojohnny

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
Sorry to hear of your misfortune, Andrew....the light at the end of this tunnel is hard to see now....but it will come... :?

Status
Not open for further replies.