PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bookn3rd5

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 29, 2012
Hello everyone! I've been considering getting a tinsky pipe for my next big purchase. His pipes look fantastic and it seems like he has a pretty solid reputation. I haven't really had much of a chance to speak to anyone who has one of his pipes. For those of you who have a tinsky pipe, would you say it's worth the investment? Are there any pros or cons you think I should know about? Or perhaps you have some suggestions you'd like to throw my way. My budget is right around 175ish - I had been looking at his 2013 Christmas pipes - as time progresses I become more drawn to his coral rustication. Thanks guys!

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Tisky makes great pipes for a great price. If you like his style, you won't find a better deal.

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
I have about 10 of his pipes , and have met him many times at pipe shows .

his pipes sre outstanding and smoke very well , buy one and you will see. :puffy:

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
give him a call.. he will tell you more then you probably care to know about his pipes.. don't ask aboout fishing unless you have spare time on your hands. one hell of a nice guy. tell what you think you want and your budget and I'll bet he comes up with sometime you will be very happy with.

Aug 1, 2012
I have one of his Morta pipes and it is really quite good. He is a great guy to correspond with as well as having a talent for carving. The only possible drawback is if you prefer vulcanite/ebonite over lucite. His lucite stems are very well cut though.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
Mark just put this one on Facebook $175

1135.jpg

elpfeife

Lifer
Dec 25, 2013
That is a handsome rascal and at that price is an outstanding buy. Should attract the Peterson devotees! :clap:

bookn3rd5

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 29, 2012
Thanks everyone! Curious if anyone has bad feedback on his pipes. I really love that coral rustication!!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
We have a "Show us Your Tinsky pipes" thread here, check it out.
I have two and as mentioned, for the money, you really can't find a better pipe. I just added a NOS 2008 Christmas pipe in January at a forum meet & greet at a VA shop.(the shop who pretty much gave Mark his start, JB Hayes in VA).
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/show-off-your-tinsky-pipes-here?replies=28
Mark's pipe are always drilled perfectly and the stemwork, at that price point is impeccable. My only complaint is the acrylic stems, but Mark will make one in vulcanite. The draw isn't wide open (like Castello) but open and both of my bents pass a cleaner easily (more open than my British wood, Upshall, Ashton, etc.)
Member "tinman" is the real Tinsky collector here and had an outstanding Advent thread in December showcasing all his Christmas pipe collectin (he owns one of every year).
Everytime I smoke one of mine, I think "why do I buy anything else". You won't be disappointed. There are some real bargains on the estate market.

bookn3rd5

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 29, 2012
Yea I've read that link! I love the look of the hawksbill in there - haven't seen one quite as unique as his. I also really like his 2013 Christmas pokerish type pipes. Decisions decisions lol

bookn3rd5

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 29, 2012
Awesome, but being in Wisconsin means that won't be an option for me lol. I may just email him and see what it would cost for a commissioned pipe from him and hopefully we can work something out that fits my price range.

Status
Not open for further replies.