PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
I received Tinderbox Syrian from Uberam3rica in the karma giveaway. Thanks brother! I'm pretty sure this tobacco is just straight Syrian Latakia. It's just dark in the pouch and straight dark Latakia flavor. Took me a few minutes to get it settled down. It was a serious kick in the mouth at first kind of like sticking a straw into a smoker filled with cedar and pine pitch. It develops into a more palatable experience once a little ash has built on top. There is a slight sweetness on the back of the tongue like chewing Big Red gum. Pulling slightly brings out the cedar notes. It seems as the bowl gets deeper so do the flavors and each becomes more distinct while being present simultaneously. It's fun to play around with hitting different parts of the tongue with this smoke and finding different nuances, a change in cadence does the same thing. The largest notes I pick up are pine pitch, cedar, soil, cinnamon sweetness, and a kind of mesquite smokiness. I will definitely have to report back after I smoke a few bowls. Thanks again uber!

Status
Not open for further replies.