PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlattim

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
I was gifted a couple of ounces of this blend by my boss who says he's smoked nothing else for ten years. I was doubtful at first. The aroma from the bag was rather dull and uninviting. However, I dutifully loaded up a bowl after work Thursday evening. At first I wasn't sure, but by about 1/3 of the bowl the taste began to take shape. A soft slightly nutty flavor with a mysterious sweetness I couldn't identify. No bite at all. I have smoked nothing else for three days now and I think I'm in love. I would prefer a bit more nicotine, but the fullness of the smoke and the ease of packing and burning is very pleasing and thought free. I might try mixing in a little of my favorite smoke, Royal Yacht, for a nic boost. My question is does anyone know which of the Lane's Limited blends this might be, if in fact it is a Lane's tobacco marketed under a different name. I suspect it might be Burly Light Without the Bite (BLWB). I'd like to order some from one of our sponsors.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
BLWB is a tasty Burley for those who can taste Burley, which I can. I don't know Tinder Box 1. I like their Wilshire, which is Lanes Q1,

and Lanes LL-7, and also Tinder Box North Sea, which is PS Nougat. Wish I could help with this other one. Sorry.

dlattim

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2012
Thanks for the reply mso. It may be that the illusive taste of the burly is why it took me a day or two to really turn on to Blend No. 1. I'll have to purchase a sample of BLWB with my next TAD to compare. I could order the Blend No. 1 from Tinder Box, but they don't have the other tobacco's I like to keep in my rotation also.

Status
Not open for further replies.