PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
This was my fun little project today. I made char cloth in an old snuff tin. Then a magnesium block fire starter and drier lint, jute twine and more cotton fabric for the next batch of char cloth. Put it all in an empty Mac Baren tin. I made three kits.one for our home earthquake supplies. One for my bug out bag and one for our camping supplies

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
It was a fun project. I had my 8 year old help. He seemed kind of bored until I showed him how to use the fire striker to get some char cloth lit. Then he got into breaking wood into kindling. About a month ago my wife looked at our insufficient earthquake/emergency supplies and saw they were a few years expired she told me to get some new supplies. I have been having fun going to surplus stores and what not. I decided I need a cob and pouch of something in my bug out bag. I think captain black has enough P/G to last a few years in the bag?

lucky695

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 2, 2013
just throw a couple of tins in there to age and then you will have some aged tobacco to trade out with newer stuff next time you update your Z.A. (zombie apocolypse) bag.

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
Great idea, Buster. I'm going to make up a couple of those myself! I already use tins to carry kitchen matches, a hodge podge set of Allen wrenches, loose change and some coffee filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.