PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
If things go as planned, I am going to be at The Briary in Birmingham tomorrow (Wednesday) afternoon around 3 or 4. Hope I can find a Northern Briar in their selection to purchase. Cosmic, if you'll bring in some quality aged tobacco to fill my bowl up with, I'll hang around a bit. It's a nice shop with nice people, looking forward to the visit.

Hey!!!! Cool, I’ll do my best to be there. I may be there closer to 4ish, with my taxi for the kids duties going on. He also has a really nice selection of Ser Jacopo Pipes, if Skip hasn’t already packed them up. I’ll be bringing a selection of stuff you may like to try. I even have some of my own homegrown Virginias and twists if you’re interested.

rx2man

Part of the Furniture Now
May 25, 2012
I was wondering why we don't hear more about home grown baccy on the other side of the pond with the crazy taxes....I see cosmic has some growing going on

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Sounds good. I was just kidding, you don't need to bring anything. I would be curious though to try the homegrown. Look forward to meeting you.

jamban

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2018
I am nowhere near The Briary, but am always game for some homegrown!

Well, come on guys, see you there. :wink:
Actually, I will have them at our pipe club meeting this upcoming Monday the 9th. We meet there at the Briary the second Monday of each month. Also you can look up Magic City Pipe Club on Facebook. But, we would be glad to have you. We get members driving over from Georgia, regulars from Mississippi, and Tennessee.

As I walked in, Mark (hoosierpipeguy) was grilling Skip on some pipes he was looking at, and it tickled me to see someone putting Skip through the ringer on drilling, pits, centered bowls, weight, how many pipes does this guy put out a year? Ha ha, I was trying to hide my chuckles from Skip. "Give him hell, ha ha."
Then after Mark picked out a handful of Northern Briars and (I think) Ser Jacapo pipes, and we got to kick back in the lounge and hang out and talk tobacco and cigars. I love meeting the people behind the posts. What a super guy Mark is, and he knows his cigars and pipe tobaccos. And, kudos to this forum for attracting such great people.
Anyways, I enjoyed hanging out with you, Mark. We'll have to hang out again the next time you come back to town. I'll try to remember to bring more aged blends with me next time.
markandI.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.