PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
What a great problem to have sir. If I recall you posted a thread on how you built the one pictured. Are you going to do the same thing or something different?

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
I was after 30 years thinking of buying a pipe rack as I am running out of large silver shells, large NAAFI coffee mugs and desk drawers, pockets for all my children to inhabit. With all this illegal pipe immigration from Turkey and the rising stock of elderly pipes, defined as those born before 1910, Pipi-Care will go broke soon!

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Lookin' good, pal.
We're going to have to talk design at some point. I need to get building for myself, as I don't have a good racking system. Yours looks like you can add new racks to the top as you go... Is that what I'm seeing? Do you have drawings or a cut list for your racks?
-- Pat

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
I have been watching with interest the racks a number of folks on the blog are posting. I am frustrated with the ones I have purchased in the past. 1)They are hard to get pipes in and out of, especially with a rubber tip on the bits. I have marked several pipes knocked out of the rack (wall mounted tiered 24 pipe) while attempting to remove another. I am amazed that the old company continued for years with the "hole system" for the pipe to stick up through. 2) An unlined hard wood shelf (cramped by big bowls)for them to rest on, placing felt on the bottom of the rack :O( where it might have not scratched the furniture, but did the pipes no good.

A number of actual "pipe smokers" are building racks , such as yours that appear to show the pipe collection well and at the same time can be easily accessed. Nice rack and nice collection. :O)

Felt would probably be too slick.

I liked the fact that you appear to have placed some type of rubber material in the cup for the bowl to rest on.

purplemotoman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 7, 2014
Thanks everyone. Yaz I did have pics when I was on here before of one rack. I built a second exactly the same. Pat I did build them so they can be stacked. I didn't have drawings or specs but I could do that for the next one(or two) and send them to you.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
I would also be interested in your tiered system. Send me a PM if you send to Pat as well. I am outgrowing my current system and don't like it to begin with since I have many bents and I need to twist the stem 90 degrees to fit into the holes of my current rack. I like the semicircle system you have that let's the stem just rest. I could custome each level to accommodate the length of the pipe as well as the bowl size. I see a nice fall project on the horizon :)
Thanks bro,
Dan

purplemotoman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 7, 2014
No problem Dan. I may squeeze some time in this weekend to pull out the rack and take some measurements.

Status
Not open for further replies.